PDA

View Full Version : Pavers around a swimming pool

Landscaping Fool
05-28-2002, 11:02 PM
Does anyone have any experience on laying pavers around a swimming pool. i have seen it done on the belguard website and in the Belguard booklet. If anyone has and knowlage about this it would be of great help.

hewitt64
05-28-2002, 11:48 PM
If you have ever layed pavers before such as sidewalks and patios its the same preperation. The base is the most important part of the hole job.

PAPS
05-29-2002, 12:59 AM
We just finished installing a new pool, and did about 1700 sq. ft of Techo around it... any questions, Email me and i'll help you through it...

SCAPEASAURUSREX
05-29-2002, 09:44 PM
Biggest thing to be aware of is the backfill, On a new pool..... If it's not compacted enough you will have tons of problems.... settling all over the place no matter how well you prpare your base, the base below has to be " torqued to spec " .....

steveair
05-29-2002, 09:59 PM
Hello,

I'm with scape all the way on this one.....be sure to give the pool time to settle.

This is very difficult as most people want to use there pool as soon as it is finished. But if you are going to use pavers, then definitely tell them to wait for the ground to settle.

steve

PAPS
05-29-2002, 10:10 PM
Its funny you's talk about poor compaction because, recently we also had to rip up a TCO patio/walk around a pool because it sunk drastically.... when we ripped it up... the compaction was NONE !!!! the guys who built the pool... just filled it in and thats it..!!! So, we had to re-compact everything and re-set the TCO... I didnt mind..becasue the job paid well !!!

MJ LANDSCAPING
08-29-2002, 09:42 AM
I agree the base is everything. That base must be compacted.... We do alot of paver raised patios and walkways and they have to be compacted alot to prevent sinking. Just follow the same procedures as doing a walkway youll be fine.