PDA

View Full Version : jrco aerator review comments

wiseguyslawn
01-19-2010, 06:13 PM
how does everyone like it? what was the price tag

jslawnscape
01-24-2010, 08:58 AM
I have one i purchased from friend front mount for zero turn i used once. Wasnt into aeration at the time. It has been sitting my my barn since. I had the frame set up on my old mower and sold it havnt ever bought frame and wiring for new mower. It is a "hooker" still aertor I believe. Instead of plugs it just puts holes in the ground. It may be good or bad. I can hear customers saying "well where are all the plugs if you just aerated my lawn". Or I can hear them praising the fact that there arnt little turds all over there lawn. Would sell it if your interested its just collected dust.

docjones
01-27-2010, 03:31 PM
I have one i purchased from friend front mount for zero turn i used once. Wasnt into aeration at the time. It has been sitting my my barn since. I had the frame set up on my old mower and sold it havnt ever bought frame and wiring for new mower. It is a "hooker" still aertor I believe. Instead of plugs it just puts holes in the ground. It may be good or bad. I can hear customers saying "well where are all the plugs if you just aerated my lawn". Or I can hear them praising the fact that there arnt little turds all over there lawn. Would sell it if your interested its just collected dust.

is your jrco aerator for sale and if so do you have photos and a price for it?

jslawnscape
01-27-2010, 04:22 PM
is your jrco aerator for sale and if so do you have photos and a price for it?

No price or pics willing to sell ill get some pics of it and come up with a price are you local or willing to drive to pick it up ? Do you have email I can send pics too ? Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

docjones
01-27-2010, 05:01 PM
No price or pics willing to sell ill get some pics of it and come up with a price are you local or willing to drive to pick it up ? Do you have email I can send pics too ? Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm likely willing to drive to get it for the right price. I live in West Virginia and it's quite a way from Rochester. I have a sister who used to live near Rochester so I've made the drive before. Anyway, my email is aajones22@yahoo.com if you want to email some pics.

How old and used is the equipment? Did the guy before you use it much, why or why not? Really not a whole lot of comments on here about these Jrco Aerators. Really wonder how they do on very compacted soil and the depth of cores they leave. Been to their website but not a lot of "real world" reviews on them here.

Lil' Cabrito
02-04-2010, 05:20 PM
JUNK:nono:

M & MD Lawn
02-04-2010, 05:43 PM
JUNK:nono:

why junk? I am considering buying one too, tell me more please

Lil' Cabrito
02-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Too light weight for here in texas. If your serious about correctly aerating i.e. core size, spacing, etc. it is not the correct way to go. Get a good mechanical aerator, the money will be well spent.

JRCO
02-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Thanks for your opinion, Lil' Cabrito. Please contact me if I can be of any assistance to you.

I can assure you they are not "junk." The Hooker aerator pulls up loose plugs of soil. 6 holes per square foot. 6"x5" hole pattern. Actually we have quite a few that are sold in Texas every year. It's not about weight/down pressure for the Hooker aerator. It's the angle of the tines and the forward driving force of the mower that makes it hook and pull up the plugs.

These plugs are not compacted so they break apart as they come to the surface. Hence, lawns look great even right after you aerated.

But enough of the sales pitch. If you'd like to check them out, let me know. If it's the right tool for your job, great. If not, thanks for checking us out.

As always, if you have questions/comments/concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,
Bill

WHIPPLE5.7
02-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Too much money. Aerators and other turf renovation items have always costed about 50% more than they should. I guess it may have something to do with lower production #s than mowers.

froglawn
02-11-2010, 01:09 PM
Tine areators that dig holes instead of pulling plugs are JUNK...They dont benefit the turf but only compact it more.

JRCO
02-12-2010, 10:44 AM
Tine areators that dig holes instead of pulling plugs are JUNK...They dont benefit the turf but only compact it more.

Which is why the Hooker aerator DOES pull plugs... They're loose rather than compacted.