PDA

View Full Version : Stihl Trimmer help

millenium_123
01-19-2010, 10:43 PM
I have a stihl trimmer FS 45. Does not run properly. I replaced the carb and it runs now, but it doesn't have as much power as it should. Spark arester has been removed some time ago. Also replaced spark plug. Can I adjust the carb? I really don't know much about them. Thanks!

theheisk
01-19-2010, 11:01 PM
You may get better results if you posted this in the repair forum. I have received some good advice on there.
Posted via Mobile Device

AzLawnMan
01-19-2010, 11:05 PM
You can adjust the carb, just be careful. I would adjust it a little to where you like it. At least 3 minutes, then take out the spark plug and see what color it is. If its black then its running to rich, if its white then its running lean, if its brown then your perfect. Its very important you do this cause you can damage the engine.

MikeKle
01-20-2010, 12:46 AM
Make sure your plug is gapped properly, I have made this mistake a few times thinking it was something more than it was.

topsites
01-20-2010, 02:38 AM
You may get better results if you posted this in the repair forum. I have received some good advice on there.
Posted via Mobile Device

Very true, in that section folks might tell you how it could be the throttle cable
didn't get put back exact when you replaced the carb, perhaps it's not routed
through the channels like it's supposed to or maybe it needs adjusting because
it sounds like it might not be getting to WOT.