PDA

View Full Version : Echo pole saw

Curtis
01-20-2010, 07:12 AM
Well my Stihl HT-75 pole saw finally gave up the ghost, the compression is well below normal . I would like to find another L head engine to use I,ve heard the overhead valve engines have some issues . I might consider an Echo ppt-280 this time to see if the rings last longer . With the pollution control on everything now days it's hard to say which is best .

jvanvliet
01-20-2010, 07:22 AM
I'd stick with Stihl... The extension on the Echo is cheap aluminum and has a tendency to fold in half if you drop a branch on it I know, I borrowed one from my buddy & nearly cut my testiculees off doing some trimming & branch landed on the blade & the doggone thing folded in half cut me 2" from joining the Vienna Boys Choir as a castrato. :cry:

Curtis
01-20-2010, 07:42 AM
My HT-75 had a lot of play in it fully extended, more so than the Echo I tested out yesterday . Safety is always an issue with these things .

vanncann
01-20-2010, 09:16 AM
I've got an Echo Power Prunner model 260. Had it for several years with no problem's. The only thing wrong with it is the weight!!! Has more than enough power and have never had to put a wrench to it.

Yotedinger
01-20-2010, 07:49 PM
Well my Stihl HT-75 pole saw finally gave up the ghost, the compression is well below normal . I would like to find another L head engine to use I,ve heard the overhead valve engines have some issues . I might consider an Echo ppt-280 this time to see if the rings last longer . With the pollution control on everything now days it's hard to say which is best .

Just pull down your HT75 and if it isn't trashed, re-ring it.
It's cheaper, and you'll have a better tool in the long run.
4Mix is for Hippies, democrats and little girls..

The echo(Kioritz) line has gone to crap in the last couple of years.
Heavy, flimsy, and nowhere near the quality they used to be.

Lazer_Z
01-21-2010, 09:50 AM
Just pull down your HT75 and if it isn't trashed, re-ring it.
It's cheaper, and you'll have a better tool in the long run.
4Mix is for Hippies, democrats and little girls..

The echo(Kioritz) line has gone to crap in the last couple of years.
Heavy, flimsy, and nowhere near the quality they used to be.So you're one of those types huh? The type that has never used a Stihl with a 4Mix engine. 4Mix is the future, get used to it, I wouldn't trade my FC 90 R, HT101, KM 130 R or BR600 for ANYTHING! All of my machine have tons of power.

Back on topic, as stated I own an HT101, it's been flawless in it's performance. If I had to buy brand new today, I'd go with the HT131 for that little extra bit of power. 31.4cc's for the HT101 & 36.3cc's for the HT131.

jvanvliet
01-21-2010, 11:32 AM
My HT-75 had a lot of play in it fully extended, more so than the Echo I tested out yesterday . Safety is always an issue with these things .

Sure it has a lot of play in it... it's got a lot more reach than the Echo... BTW if you replace your HT-75 be sure to canibalize the old one; lot's of re-usable parts and if you use and abuse yours as much as I do mine, that stuff will come in handy.

Yotedinger
01-21-2010, 12:22 PM
So you're one of those types huh? The type that has never used a Stihl with a 4Mix engine. 4Mix is the future, get used to it, I wouldn't trade my FC 90 R, HT101, KM 130 R or BR600 for ANYTHING! All of my machine have tons of power.

Back on topic, as stated I own an HT101, it's been flawless in it's performance. If I had to buy brand new today, I'd go with the HT131 for that little extra bit of power. 31.4cc's for the HT101 & 36.3cc's for the HT131.

I have ran 'em enough to know the cost of constant Maint. exceeds that of maintaining a conventional piston port motor, and using full synthetic mix, only helps so much in keeping the crud build up at bay, with the JUNK fuel forced on us here in the U.S., 4mix was a bridge to maintain compliance and IS a bad joke from the environazis.

Power is pointless when the thing is torn apart on the bench, and warranty means nothing when the thing is down and is needed.

Future? Hardly.
Look for a strato design to replace the 4mix abortions shortly.
Cheaper to produce, and half as many parts sloshing around to go bad.

If ya like the 4mix, more power to ya.
Some folks are into pain...

Lazer_Z
01-21-2010, 12:59 PM
I have ran 'em enough to know the cost of constant Maint. exceeds that of maintaining a conventional piston port motor, and using full synthetic mix, only helps so much in keeping the crud build up at bay, with the JUNK fuel forced on us here in the U.S., 4mix was a bridge to maintain compliance and IS a bad joke from the environazis.

Power is pointless when the thing is torn apart on the bench, and warranty means nothing when the thing is down and is needed.

Future? Hardly.
Look for a strato design to replace the 4mix abortions shortly.
Cheaper to produce, and half as many parts sloshing around to go bad.

If ya like the 4mix, more power to ya.
Some folks are into pain...No pain for me, that is, now that I'm long rid of the echos I use to have. My biggest gripe was the PB650, the throttle cable broke and that was it for me, not to mention the 4 trips to the dealer when it would not turn over hot or cold no matter what. I was always told, "nothings wrong". My happiest day was selling that pile of crap and buying my BR600 and can you guess how many times my BR600 has seen my dealership?, here I'll help you ZERO! That is unless you count the day it left.