PDA

View Full Version : Thank you cards?

wright5223
01-20-2010, 08:04 AM
I was going to see if anyone else out there sends out thank you cards after sumiting an estimate I think that it would help a guy close more jobs here is the on that I'm going to mail the same day as I do the bid! Let me know what you guys think

mowerbrad
01-20-2010, 09:34 AM
I think by doing this you will for sure stand apart from other companies. I don't know of many people (at least near me) that do that sort of thing. Most people just send out cards at the end of the season to their customers that year and thank them for their business. But I think you could be on to something here, it may impress your potential customers enough to choose you. It could give an "edge" over your competition, anything that makes you stand apart from other companies in a good way will help your company.

OKLawnGuy
01-20-2010, 09:57 AM
I like the cards, very professional! I like the idea of sending the cards out. I agree it will make you stand out from the crowd.

wright5223
01-20-2010, 11:47 AM
Thanks guys! Its just something different

topsites
01-20-2010, 11:51 AM
I don't think it's a complete waste of time but I'm not sure what to think of it either...
Because all the banks do it, some insurance companies and then a few other businesses as well...
The problem I have is they don't mean it, they'll send me that card like it's some sort of a chore or part of the job...
Oh gosh gee well don't trouble yourself on account of me now, hear? :p

Granted on the one hand the gesture strikes me as nice, but on the other I'm thinking
they just paid someone to have a printer crap these things out like so much paperwork.
Heck why not send it right along with the next rate increase, save a stamp!
Oh don't say it, some do!

And so it is that personal touch I am missing, without that the entire gesture means little.

You had BETTER, if you send me a card, know me by name!
I walk in the same bank that sent me the card and the first teller doesn't know who I am...
And some might say but that teller didn't send the card but I say the first person I see must have sent it!

So for all that if you can only remember my name and don't send a card you're better off than the other way around.

Hope that helps.

RLLServicesCT
01-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Great idea, but like topsites said add a personal touch such as their name and your signature. Make it meaningful, not conventional, then you'll really stand out from the bunch!

clean_cut
01-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Yeah, write a little note about how you would appreciate their business, and thank them for choosing you.

And maybe send Christmas cards to all of your existing customers thanking them for their business, and tell them that you are looking forward to their business in the coming spring.

BearWise Landscapers
01-20-2010, 01:25 PM
I agree that thank you notes are great if you mean them and it helps to hand write each one.

Let us know what type of a response you get with them. Your pdf looks sharp!

wright5223
01-20-2010, 02:36 PM
I'll let you know I've still got a few months till I start jamming out bids I'm just seeing what you guys think of it

cutterschoice24
01-20-2010, 05:13 PM
i do like that ideal i always for 8 years have sent Christmas cards out every year and anytime i bid on a job i always do a follow up call just to say thank you for their time i like the thank you card approach though i agree the more you can stand out the better.

topsites
01-20-2010, 05:27 PM
I agree that thank you notes are great if you mean them and it helps to hand write each one.

Exactly!

When I get a Christmas card from the CEO of a company, I know what a stamped signature looks like, too!

Another example was the President of a car dealership recently called someone I know
to wish them a happy birthday (and yes it was on that person's birthday).
But Epic fail happened when it turned out to be a pre-recorded message.

Most folks say it doesn't have to be earth shattering...
Like had the president personally called for real, even if it had been to the tune of "well hi look sorry I don't have much time
but I did want to call to wish you a happy birthday (quick blablabla) and well gtg bye" <- just that might have meant something.

wright5223
01-20-2010, 06:13 PM
I do, do Christmas cards and I do them by hand it takes about 2 days, these cards are mainly to thank the customer for giving me a chance to bid their lawn I get alot of calls for bids and give them out but I'm tryin' to close more deals, And hopefully this may help! :dizzy: