PDA

View Full Version : Need info on a 20ft. fountain company

ropinghorns
01-20-2010, 10:55 AM
One of my builders that I work for wants me to install a 20ft. fountain. I have installed 10ft. before but need to know where to find a taller one . Thanks for the help. Bill www.lantermantractor.com

ropinghorns
01-20-2010, 03:07 PM
Anyone know of a dealer online you would use?

Az Gardener
01-20-2010, 10:21 PM
What style are you looking for? European cast concrete, limestone, marble? South American Canterra stone? Contemporary concrete or steel?

The surround or pool at the base should be twice the width as the height of the fountain to catch the majority of the splash if its not windy. So a 20' fountain should have a 40' surround.

Something that size will be be most affordable if you design it yourself with components from other fountains. I just don't recall seeing bowls big enough to look right if the fountain is that tall.

Give us a little more detail and we will be able to help better.

ropinghorns
01-20-2010, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the help. The pond is around 100 ft across and he wants it to pump around 20 ft tall. What company would sell something like this and what price to install should I charge? Plastic or stainless is fine.

Az Gardener
01-21-2010, 12:08 AM
It sounds like you are talking about a water jet/pump that pumps pond lake water up in the air. I have no experience in something like that.

A fountain in my world looks something like this... well I inserted a link but nothing shows up on the preview :confused: http://www.europeangardensaz.com/index.php?/eurogarden/content/view/full/245

My type is in a courtyard or patio has a surround, small pond at the base usually 6"-8" deep, then a pedestals, then a bowl, another pedestal another bowl you get the picture.