PDA

View Full Version : What Kind of Pants do you wear?

clyde
01-20-2010, 05:55 PM
Hey guys I am looking for some pants ( I have seen them b4) that is sort of loose fitting and has vents out of a mesh type material down the side with of course a solid non see through material covering up the mesh.:walking:

Or just in general what sort of pants are the most comfortable in the summer time for you?
Khaki's is my color by choice because of company shirts.

Sweet Tater
01-20-2010, 06:16 PM
I am switching to a medium brown Dickie's carpenter pants tis summer. been wearing them for a while and think they are very comfortable and wear a long time

ALLPro Landscaping
01-20-2010, 06:19 PM
carhartt carpenter jeans, Love them thou a little pricy

clyde
01-20-2010, 06:20 PM
Yea but are these jeans made of a thin material ? Something light? So air can pass through?

Eden's Own
01-20-2010, 06:21 PM
Rip-Stop BDU's are great. Leg pockets are great for small pieces of trash, while you are mowing. Just don't forget to take out the trash at the end of the day. My wife was not thrilled when the washer and dryer were full of little papers!

Sweet Tater
01-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Yea but are these jeans made of a thin material ? Something light? So air can pass through?

dickies are a bit thick, I tend to have the bad luck of finding every briar bush around and the thick jeans save me some serious scars:laugh:

grass choppers
01-20-2010, 06:27 PM
i like the cargo khaki from walmart there light and comfy yes the extra pockets come in handy

clyde
01-20-2010, 06:34 PM
I have some BDU's I like them. They are comfortable to say the least.
I bought some pants off the internet about 6 years ago they lasted about 3 years but they were some of the best pants. They were a little baggy but had draw strings at bottom so nothing could craw or get up the leg. And they had a draw at the top as well so they were easy to take on and off.

epicklein22
01-20-2010, 07:18 PM
Try some arborwear pants! I think their tech pants would be right up your ally. You don't find much of a harder industry on pants than tree work.

silverado212
01-20-2010, 09:05 PM
Try Columbia pants. Wery comfy and breathable.

STIHL GUY
01-20-2010, 11:28 PM
i wear jeans. i know a lot of people dont like to work in them cause there hot and dont breathe well but i dont mind

Yotedinger
01-20-2010, 11:40 PM
Wildass Jeans with the cuffs cut off, or Carhart Shorts.

No point in looking like a Lost Frat boy while working.

DLAWNS
01-21-2010, 12:28 AM
Rip-Stop BDU's are great. Leg pockets are great for small pieces of trash, while you are mowing. Just don't forget to take out the trash at the end of the day. My wife was not thrilled when the washer and dryer were full of little papers!

I get the khaki BDU's as well....I personally don't like the rip stop...others swear by them....but either way these are great pants to get. They last long and are very comfortable...

Cummins343
01-21-2010, 12:30 AM
I wear normal shorts. Mostly basketball.

clean_cut
01-21-2010, 12:36 AM
Dark colored, but lightweight/breathable pants, the dark color hides all the grass and grease.

albhb3
01-21-2010, 12:39 AM
these are the pants I wear {procede at your own risk}
LMAO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl_HvEHSlxQ

deltascapes
01-21-2010, 01:09 AM
Pants on the ground, pants on the ground don't you look like a fool with your pants on the ground. Oh yeah i wear Columbia

Cummins343
01-21-2010, 01:11 AM
Pants on the ground, pants on the ground don't you look like a fool with your pants on the ground. Oh yeah i wear Columbia:laugh:With tha gold in your mouth, hat turned sideways, pants hit the ground, call yourself a cool cat!:laugh::laugh:

clean_cut
01-21-2010, 08:48 AM
Haha, that was pretty good, like as in funny. :laughing:

DiyDave
01-21-2010, 09:30 AM
I wear used uniform pants, I think Redcap is the brand, buy them at Goodwill, $4.75/pr!:laugh::laugh::waving:

Also, make sure they aren't too tight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4sm99V3RJ8

That British bobsled team always pulls it out in the backstretch!

LewisLawn
01-21-2010, 11:58 AM
I have several different types of dickies both pants and shorts...some are the thicker duck cloth others are a nice soft cotton...I even have a pair or two of the type that have the nylon on them(they wash the best) working through the three season I like to have a variety of pants to wear b/c of temperature ranges and the different tasks required with the various jobs I take on....if I am just mowing on a ZTR shorts are fine but if I don't have a helper trimming and edging I will wear pants to avoid the nics in my shins etc...During leaf season I have two pairs of LLBean insulated kahkis that I love

w.a.reid
01-21-2010, 12:22 PM
flat front dickies - all colors - today im wearing Red!
wear well - hard to ruin and they are as " name brand" and professional as you can get - and i can get them on ebay all day long without going anywhere.
w.a.reid

TScapes
01-22-2010, 11:15 AM
BDU's all the way! I have several pairs... black (12 years old and only a couple of small holes) and khaki. They work great for trash, as mentioned earlier, but also for holding folding saws, trashbags, etc. Very versatile!! They are also cool during summer and warm enough for winter. Plus, they don't stick to you as they are loose fitting. Even look great with a polo shirt!

w.a.reid
01-22-2010, 03:08 PM
BDU's all the way! I have several pairs... black (12 years old and only a couple of small holes) and khaki. They work great for trash, as mentioned earlier, but also for holding folding saws, trashbags, etc. Very versatile!! They are also cool during summer and warm enough for winter. Plus, they don't stick to you as they are loose fitting. Even look great with a polo shirt!

hey - i just ebayed those - they do look good and anything thats tough enough for the military is tough enough for my guys - i will try those when its time to re-up.

take care

w.a.reid - for all of your landscape needs.

Barefoot James
01-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Pants on the ground, pants on the ground don't you look like a fool with your pants on the ground.

:laugh:With tha gold in your mouth, hat turned sideways, pants hit the ground, call yourself a cool cat!:laugh::laugh:

I love this song. I have had it in my head since I saw it. some of these kids should actually be arrested. I saw one kid about 16 in a McD play area with his mama - anyway he was changing his shirt and his "pants on the ground" were basically totally exposing himself to the kids on the play area - totally .... Sometime these kids can hardly walk - lookin like a fool. That dude has hit a home run and way to vent our frustration with this whole foolish movement. The goths, punks, etc - no problem but pants on the ground - whatever!

"Oh" this thread - Lee's Carpenters have a cell phone pocket - very cool. Also Georgia steel toe/water proof boot.

pitrack
01-22-2010, 04:45 PM
I don't wear any pants..

Kidding, I would like to find a nice pair of pants that BREATHE, I hate wearing jeans and sweating like crazy.

echeandia
01-22-2010, 06:49 PM
I wear long pants. I don't understand how some guys can do trimming with shorts on. It seems like you would get sandblasted.

gtmorgan89
01-22-2010, 11:46 PM
I wear long pants. I don't understand how some guys can do trimming with shorts on. It seems like you would get sandblasted.

Toughen up.:weightlifter:

Shorts in the summer, Old Navy jeans and Carhartt pants in the winter. ($12.99 at RuggedWearhouse.)

pitrack
01-23-2010, 03:36 AM

Shouldn't get sandblasted as long as you're not trimming sand:dancing:

jk!

echeandia
01-23-2010, 08:01 AM
I'll will pass on the shorts. Thanks.:cool2:

Isobel
01-23-2010, 02:27 PM

never had a problem with that, yea you get scratched up a bit, but skin heals.

during the cooler months when one can't wear shorts, and pants are essential I just go with jeans. $10/pair from Walmart.

Cummins343
01-23-2010, 05:15 PM
I wear long pants. I don't understand how some guys can do trimming with shorts on. It seems like you would get sandblasted.It's not that bad. Sometimes you'll get the occasional rock that hits your leg but if your not a pu$$y it shouldn't bother you!:laugh: Plus you gotta keep that tan goin!:cool2:

OUTLANDER
01-23-2010, 05:17 PM
shorts pretty much all year for me

w.a.reid
01-23-2010, 10:46 PM
shorts pretty much all year for me

i only wear shorts if i wanna show off my 20-hole doc martens - otherwise - no matter where i am i always get mosquito-bites and/or poison ivy - i dont mind shorts when just mowing - but im skinny - i had an account that said this to me once - "looks like you traded legs with a bird....AND LOST YOUR ASS IN THE DEAL!"

hardy-har-har-har....ho-hum.

w.a.reid
for all of your landscape needs

Premier landscaping south
01-23-2010, 10:57 PM
I wear any Khaki type pants I can find at the Goodwill store. For $4.50 a pair you just can't go wrong. Looks professional also.

Isobel
01-24-2010, 03:39 AM
i had an account that said this to me once - "looks like you traded legs with a bird....AND LOST YOUR ASS IN THE DEAL!"

hardy-har-har-har....ho-hum.

w.a.reid
for all of your landscape needs

If any of my clients said that to me, I'd bite their nuts off--and not in the good way either....:nono:

WildassBaughb
01-24-2010, 01:17 PM
I like to wear shorts in the summer so I have a pair of bib overalls to slip on when doing edging and trimming. I buy them very large so they go on and off easily and use only one of the suspender straps to keep them up and my GF thinks they're sexy. They are thick enough to guard against most projectiles and I take them off to ride the mowers so I stay cooler.

Bustedblade
01-24-2010, 01:27 PM
Shorts for mowing Tyvek coveralls for trimming, concrete and spraying
Posted via Mobile Device

93Chevy
01-24-2010, 01:32 PM
I don't like seeing guys' legs, so I assume nobody wants to see my legs either. I wear boots and jeans or Dickies all the time.

OUTLANDER
01-25-2010, 06:08 AM
not trying to be an azz or anything, but are the last 3 posts for real?..............c'mon seriously..you take time to change while working.....really?...i don't seem to even have time for that when working..............................and sorry, but the leg thing, thats just weird

Bustedblade
01-25-2010, 08:58 AM
I throw on a set of tyvex coveralls for weedeating, it keeps you covered and no turf shin. Mabye you are confused, I put them OVER my clothes. What are you going to say next, no gloves?
Posted via Mobile Device

WildassBaughb
01-25-2010, 09:17 AM
It really gets hot here, so yes I take the time to change into my bibs to do trimming. Most of my accounts are in clusters so its not 7-10 time a day. I buy them really big so they are just hanging on me and the legs cover my shoes for the most part.

93Chevy
01-25-2010, 10:35 AM
and sorry, but the leg thing, thats just weird

So....

You enjoy seeing other guys' legs?

OUTLANDER
01-25-2010, 02:27 PM
So....

You enjoy seeing other guys' legs?

you know, this is kinda sounding like a fantasy for you or something:nono:......never crossed my mind that me wearing shorts, or other guys for that matter are showing legs...lol....isnt that what women do? (at least for me it is)

soloscaperman
01-25-2010, 04:15 PM
I thought wearing just boxers was enough.

clyde
01-25-2010, 06:07 PM
Can you image the Lawn service in Memphis that had women wearing bikini's while they cut the yard.

rcpeoples
01-25-2010, 07:20 PM
PANTS ? ! You guys wear pants ? Speedos and cowboy boots for me Thumbs Up

pararest
01-26-2010, 02:33 AM
Good old fashion jeans for me:cool2:

Micah Owner
Paradise Restored Landscape
Landscape Portland (http://www.paradiserestored.com)
Sprinkler Installer Portland (http://www.paradiserestored.com/sprinklers.html)

w.a.reid
01-26-2010, 10:23 AM
If any of my clients said that to me, I'd bite their nuts off--and not in the good way either....:nono:

is there a good way YOU DO bite nuts off? :confused:

W.A.REID

OUTLANDER
01-26-2010, 04:16 PM

W.A.REID

:confused:..LMAO

starscream
01-26-2010, 06:00 PM
I am a big fan of Dickies Pants and shirts.

Portland Landscaping (http://www.paradiserestored.com/index.htm)

Isobel
01-26-2010, 07:46 PM

W.A.REID

there is, but it won't do you any good if you're not into that sort of thing...:laugh:

bustutah
01-31-2010, 12:13 AM
Basketball shorts buy those strings on the trimmers hurt

GroundEffects125
01-31-2010, 08:41 PM
Carhartt is the way to go

MLAWCARE
02-02-2010, 11:09 PM
carhartt carpenter jeans, Love them thou a little pricy

exactly my thought

Valk
02-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Are those Rip Stop Carhartts' a slicker feeling material than the others?

Valk
02-04-2010, 04:41 PM
~ BUMParama! ~

crhoades68
02-05-2010, 10:51 AM
I like the Columbia cargo pants. They seem to wear well. I'm able to find them on clearance at stores like Kohls for $10 or less.

stotts1
02-08-2010, 01:12 AM
:laughing:how could a thread about pants NOT be funny:laughing:
btw, the not like to see guys legs thing is just weird.

Shasta Lake Landscaping
02-08-2010, 01:18 AM
Certainly not carpenter jeans.