PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Seat (ZTR) broken...

ztrguy
01-20-2010, 07:38 PM
I have a Michigan Seat Company on my Toro Z and it broke last season. The spring came off the mower, but it looks as if the plate that holds the spring is what wore out. Also, I'm not sure if the shock absorber needs to replaced? Has anyone else had this problem of a suspension seat breaking? And if so, how did you fix the seat? Currently have a couple thousand hrs on the seat.

D&F lawnmaster
01-20-2010, 09:32 PM
You can go to toro and ask them to order a kit for that seat. I had a Michigan seat on my exmark and i order a kit for it. You have to take the back part of the seat apart and have fun. Its not hard and not to easy, but it can be done. Good luck

ztrguy
01-20-2010, 10:28 PM
You can go to toro and ask them to order a kit for that seat. I had a Michigan seat on my exmark and i order a kit for it. You have to take the back part of the seat apart and have fun. Its not hard and not to easy, but it can be done. Good luck

Do you recall how much you paid for the kit? And what exactly is included in the kit? Thanks

ztrguy
01-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Anyone ever tore into one of these seats? I know I can't be the only one having problems with the suspension seat. Thanks!

D&F lawnmaster
01-21-2010, 09:34 PM
I paid 69.00 dollars for it. The thing that broke on my was the bracket that holds the two springs. You get the bracket and everything to fix it. I will tell you that it was fun putting the springs back on. :usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag:

MOHUSTLER
01-22-2010, 02:14 PM
We get alot of the seat brackets breaking. Probably 15+ a year. By the time we order the seat kit and I pay my mechanics labor to do it. Im better off selling them a brand new seat. They break on the cable hooks alot too. Its alum.. and im not about to spend hundreds of $ on a new welder that will weld on it.

Needless to say as a dealer I am not a fan of the MSS. Someone needs to compete with them and fix the problems with them.