PDA

View Full Version : How to get Franchise commercial jobs?

Pjslawncare
01-20-2010, 08:10 PM
I'm more of a residential guy but wouldn't mind trying to get a few Franchise Commercial jobs this year. By this i mean restaurants (wendy's, taco bell, the like). Other places such as banks. How do you get those accounts? My first instinct is to just go inside those places and ask the manager to have the owner call me. Any advice?

Thanks

Mahoney3223
01-20-2010, 09:13 PM
....................................waiting

JB1
01-20-2010, 09:36 PM
yep, that'l work.

MikeKle
01-20-2010, 09:57 PM
I used to mow for the Hardees restaurants in this area, around 15 of them, then one day without warning, they all closed up suddenly, they had someone come around overnight and change all the locks on the stores!!! The managers and employees were pissed and were not given any notice whatsoever! And of course, this had to happen during the mowing season, I finally found out where to send all the final bills to after weeks of calling around, only to have them all returned to me. They never paid me a dime on their final balances, and never even called me back to explain why not. I was so pissed, but nothing I could really do. The ownership was in a sort of limbo, so I had no place to send any legal papers, and the last address I had for them was in San Diego, Ca,and I live in KY, what are the chances they would show up for that? Slim to none. Just make sure you will be paid, as these companies are slick and crafty.

Mimowerman
01-20-2010, 10:22 PM
sxome are handled by the owner, some by managers , some you need to be an approved vendor such as the local taco bell ( yums inc. ) must be in there system.

Jays Green Daze Landscape
01-20-2010, 11:13 PM
sxome are handled by the owner, some by managers , some you need to be an approved vendor such as the local taco bell ( yums inc. ) must be in there system.

How do you get added as an approved vendor. I know with most property management companies there is a place on their site to register and they follow up with you; however I did not see a place to register on yums inc site.

AzLawnMan
01-21-2010, 01:27 AM
How do you get added as an approved vendor. I know with most property management companies there is a place on their site to register and they follow up with you; however I did not see a place to register on yums inc site.

I think you wait for them to ask you. Its not as easy as signing up. I work for Del Tacos here in AZ, and I didnt sign up. They just called me one day. No offense but unsolicited vendors rarely get considered, they get tons of people calling everyday and from what the people tell me that I work for it is annoying and they usually give you the run around anyways. The managers at the Del Tacos dont have a say in who does the service there, its up to the District Managers. So good luck, and I would say just write some formal letters about yourself and your company. I figure if you send 100 out you may get 1 bite. I will usually do this once a year.

Kutz Lawns
01-21-2010, 02:06 AM
I used to mow for the Hardees restaurants in this area, around 15 of them, then one day without warning, they all closed up suddenly, they had someone come around overnight and change all the locks on the stores!!! The managers and employees were pissed and were not given any notice whatsoever! And of course, this had to happen during the mowing season, I finally found out where to send all the final bills to after weeks of calling around, only to have them all returned to me. They never paid me a dime on their final balances, and never even called me back to explain why not. I was so pissed, but nothing I could really do. The ownership was in a sort of limbo, so I had no place to send any legal papers, and the last address I had for them was in San Diego, Ca,and I live in KY, what are the chances they would show up for that? Slim to none. Just make sure you will be paid, as these companies are slick and crafty.

That same thing happened in Northern Virginia with Roy Rodgers Restaurants years ago....... they just closed the doors one day & gone!

God I was so pissed because they had the best fast food anywhere!

The only place you can Roy Rodgers fast food anymore is on the New Jersey Turnpike!

scagrider22
01-21-2010, 05:09 AM
Why would you even want to do a franchise, its nothing but a head ache you spend so much time and money driving to each location, they hold your pay between 60-120 days if you get it at all and there usually isnt very much mowing to begin with plus if you have a problem its very hard to reach someone who can or is willing to help. I have had friends do work for Taco Bell, Arby's, Burger King, Applebees, Wendys, & Kinder Care they all were horrible to work for and everyone of my 4 friends that did the work dropped them.

MikeKle
01-21-2010, 09:12 AM
I thought there was a Roy Rogers in southern KY? I was down there about 8 years ago, and I think we ate at a Roy Rogers, but maybe it was another state? But I know it was a Roy Rogers for sure, it was good, much better than Arbys!

topsites
01-21-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm guessing if it were something I wanted I would talk to a store manager and find out what would be required to gain the contract...
Also not all chain stores are franchised, some are corporate.

Lawn Pawn
01-21-2010, 01:12 PM

Many years ago..... not lawn care.... had a big local hotel that owed me money.... then sold the property to a national chain.... and just never paid me.

Wrote a very nice, respectful letter to the chain corporate office, explained the situation, and got paid. Ya never know how a situation will shake out if you just stay cool.

AzLawnMan
01-22-2010, 10:19 PM
I think you wait for them to ask you. Its not as easy as signing up. I work for Del Tacos here in AZ, and I didnt sign up. They just called me one day. The managers at the Del Tacos dont have a say in who does the service there, its up to the District Managers

Not to fast! It usually takes about 15 days to get a check after I send an invoice. Well my Rep for Del Taco was 60 days behind and was $7,500.00 behind. I sent her several emails, but no response. So I gave her a call finaly, all of our communication was done through email, so i got a hold of her and she apoligized for not calling me back, but she said, "I am no longer with Del Taco, I have moved on". Well long story short she gave me the number to the new GM. He called and agreed that I should be paid for past services. Awsome! He then said we should sit down and talk about all the Del Tacos in Vegas! So I emailed him the invoices for the ones I do in AZ. He called an hour later and asked if the prices where correct? I said of course. Now I have been working for Del Taco for 5 years now, and very rarely raised the prices. He said he's getting the same work done in vegas for half of what they are paying me. So he said to stop the service asap, until he gets more bids. He also said he's gonna hold off on paying me because he wants to see if those prices are accurate with what the properties require!! I mentioned we do have a contract with the prices listed and the properties. He said they are a major corporation and I am more than happy to talk with there legal dept.

Mahoney3223
01-22-2010, 11:50 PM
? and...??????????????????

All American CL
01-23-2010, 05:27 AM
I have all commercial accounts about 14, anything from HOA, to apartment complex's, to public lands. I just have learned the gift of gab. Find out who is in charge and impress them. Don't expect any thing right away most of my contact have taken a year to wiggle in, but once youíre in your in until you screw up then youíre out. So donít screw up!! I make personal phone calls with updates periodically to gain the personal touch