PDA

View Full Version : should I buy an 2003 chevy 2500hd ?

badgerfan
01-21-2010, 12:19 AM
I'm not a real truck guy but I am learning to love trucks and equipment especially when they make us money$ So anyways I am looking at adding another truck to my little business and have found a used 2003 chevy silverado 2500hd extended cab LS with 68,000 miles on it. It has the plow prep package on it already which is good since I will use this to pull my mowers in the summer and to plow in the winter. The body is in good condition and is white which will fit in with my other trucks. Does anyone know if this is a descent price and if this is a good truck?

T-Made
01-21-2010, 09:11 AM
My father in law passed away in the spring and he had a truck identical to this one.
It sold to a guy in Alabama for $13,500 but it had 118,000 miles. Great power not good on gas 12 miles to gallon around town. These trucks are solid.

AndyTblc
01-21-2010, 10:47 AM
I think that is an awesome truck, I'm going to be in the market for a truck like that come this spring/summer

Evan528
01-21-2010, 01:30 PM
maybe I missed it..... how much are they asking for that truck?

360ci
01-21-2010, 07:05 PM
If the price is right and it's what you want, go for it.

rcslawncare
01-21-2010, 08:46 PM
15-16 at a dealer. Mabey more, mabey less. That truck is a great truck for what you have described it to be doing! Good luck!!

badgerfan
02-02-2010, 05:10 AM
Yeah, I actually ended up pulling the triger a couple of days ago on a 2005 Chevrolet silverado 2500hd with the 6.6 duramax diesel in it. This truck has so much torque its crazy! The truck has only 53,000 miles on it and has the four door crew cab. It is in great condtion. I paid $26,900 for it which is a little more than I wanted to but I chose to go with the diesel which is much more expensive. I ran the numbers though and realized since I will be pulling a good size trailer almost five days a week with it that the gas mileage will be significantly better. The diesel should get about 14-15 mpg while the 6.0 gas engine would have got about 9-10 mpg. Did I get a descent price and what do you think about my choice? I included a picture.

Mowingman
02-02-2010, 07:20 AM
Very nice truck, but the price is pretty high compared to what we pay down here. I do not know how the market is up your way.
Right now, I can buy a leftover 09, just like that one, but with just the "work truck" trim level, for about $2000.00 more you paid. The "WT" package just has a bare bones interior though.
I saw a truck just like yours in the used car lot of our Chevy dealer with a sticker of $24,500. The salesman said he could sell it for "considerably" less.
So, I think you got a nice truck, and if you are happy with it, don't worry about the price. Prices vary all over the country, and the price here really means nothing in your part of the country.

rcslawncare
02-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Congrats, looks sharp!!

Blueribbonlawns
02-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Great choice you wont be disappointed with that truck.
Congrats

Hawg City Lawns
02-02-2010, 12:28 PM
im jealous

badgerfan
02-02-2010, 01:40 PM
[QUOTE=Mowingman;3396266]Very nice truck, but the price is pretty high compared to what we pay down here. I do not know how the market is up your way.
Right now, I can buy a leftover 09, just like that one, but with just the "work truck" trim level, for about $2000.00 more you paid. The "WT" package just has a bare bones interior though.
I saw a truck just like yours in the used car lot of our Chevy dealer with a sticker of $24,500.

Your probably right, the diesel option with 4x4 is pretty expensive up here due to the plowing and power capabilities. I hope to get some years of good use of her to make my money back. This thing is faster than my audi a4 and is a beast!

badgerfan
02-02-2010, 01:45 PM
hey thanks guys! Pulls a trailer without even feeling it behind you. I'm just getting anxious to start doing some work here in the next month or so. making a 550 dollar a month truck payment for a used truck makes me a little nervous. Our revenue justifies a purchase like this but I always get a few butterflys when you spend a chunk of change.

duke12
02-02-2010, 03:01 PM
hey thanks guys! Pulls a trailer without even feeling it behind you. I'm just getting anxious to start doing some work here in the next month or so. making a 550 dollar a month truck payment for a used truck makes me a little nervous. Our revenue justifies a purchase like this but I always get a few butterflys when you spend a chunk of change.

Nice truck. I drove to Lenz form MN and bought a used truck their.
I too was intresed in that ruck but, I noticed that their was something wrong with the dash light from what I read on the sticker.None the less, Its a really nice truck.
Good Luck

rcslawncare
02-02-2010, 03:05 PM

Hopefully I can justify a new truck here in another year. I couldn't even imagine that payment! Should last long after the payments are done! I will hopefully go diesel with a new body style chevy! Good luck with yours!!!

360ci
02-02-2010, 03:12 PM
I always get a few butterflys when you spend a chunk of change.

We all do, some just better know how to hide it!

Congrats!

badgerfan
02-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Nice truck. I drove to Lenz form MN and bought a used truck their.
I too was intresed in that ruck but, I noticed that their was something wrong with the dash light from what I read on the sticker.None the less, Its a really nice truck.
Good Luck

Haha, small world! Yeah I saw that about the light out but it turns out it is only one of the heat adjustment knob lights in the center console that is burnt out. Actually if someone did not tell you about it you would never know. That was the only flaw I could find. Solid truck and ready to go to work for me. You drove all the way from Minnesota? Where in Minnesota? I went to the U my freshman year in college. Lenz trucks has a big selection of heavy duty trucks and they get the financing done for you with no suprises. After reasearching prices throughout the midwest and comparing models etc. I feel that their prices are fair, I will definately go back and the way early season sales are going I may be back in the next few months.

GroundEffects125
02-02-2010, 09:47 PM
I just bought a 4 door 2500 2004 for 9,500 with a 6.0 4x4 and it only had 43k miles i would do some more reasearch

Hawg City Lawns
02-03-2010, 12:42 AM
I just bought a 4 door 2500 2004 for 9,500 with a 6.0 4x4 and it only had 43k miles i would do some more reasearch

......... was it stolen?

badgerfan
02-03-2010, 01:00 AM

I knew things were cheaper in the south but thats ridiculous. Is it a salvage from Katrina...LOl

highclimber604
02-05-2010, 06:02 PM
honestly, i think you payed to much for it. BUT when i see a truck that i like, id almost pay anything for it. Its like someone casts a spell on me and money is no option after i fall in love with it. you will love the duramax more than anything. Not only are they work horses and tow anything, they are super fast and will blow the doors off of anything out there for pick ups. dont be affraid to let it rip every once in a while. those things are tanks!

badgerfan
02-08-2010, 08:59 PM
you will love the duramax more than anything. Not only are they work horses and tow anything, they are super fast and will blow the doors off of anything out there for pick ups. dont be affraid to let it rip every once in a while. those things are tanks!]

Haha, your right this thing is faster than my audi quattro turbo!