PDA

View Full Version : Re-dying mulch onsite

ALLPro Landscaping
01-21-2010, 02:04 AM
I know this has been talked about on here already, what I want to know is who is doing it, where are you located, and how do you like it. I am going to be adding this to my services come mid feb 2010. Thanks

ALLPro Landscaping
01-21-2010, 01:56 PM
bump for anybody

dreich3075
05-25-2011, 08:22 PM
Did my search and didnt find much. Anyone have any experience?

cutbetterthanyou
05-25-2011, 10:25 PM
I have never offered it, but i bought the product and did it at my house. I think it was called nu-mulch or something like that. It doesn't really make it look like dyed mulch. It kind of made regular mulch that had turned grayish look more like it did the first month you put it down. Just kind of a freshen up. It worked ok, but not great. When i spray weeds in flower bed i use roundup and surfland mixed. The surfland leaves a orange flim on everything i was thinking of useing that dye again so the mulch isn't orange, but i can't really see it making enough difference for someone to pay me to do just it.

Georgia Lawn Works LLC
05-25-2011, 10:37 PM
We use it. It needs to be done at least bi-monthly. The colorant is cheap and we get it from gemplers. We charge for the product used and our normal hourly labor rate. Its messy.
Posted via Mobile Device

dreich3075
05-25-2011, 11:20 PM
Thanks for the info...think I will just stick with re mulching

Georgia Lawn Works LLC
05-26-2011, 01:33 PM
For full maintenence accounts its a good additional service to offer. Ya know for people that actually care about their property.
Posted via Mobile Device

mdlwn1
05-26-2011, 01:40 PM
For full maintenence accounts its a good additional service to offer. Ya know for people that actually care about their property.
Posted via Mobile Device

lol..not at you.....people that ACTUALLY care about their property wouldn't use dyed much...except for WaWa stores and Target.

Think Green
05-26-2011, 09:29 PM
I used to use mulch-magic (Brown) and used it to redye faded hardwood mulches in the full sun areas of a newspaper office. It was messy and took a lot of product to cover 8 K of beds. Irrigation will ****** the color penetration unless the system is shut off for a 24 hour period or so.
After squirrels, vehicles and pedestrians, the mulch was stirred so it constantly kept ruining the effects of the product. So I feel that if the beds are untouched for a couple of months, the use of the product is awesome. But it was impractical for our services. Light layers of mulch to spruce up a bed was sold after each trip . After trimming of the shrubbery and cleanup light layers of mulch was applied anyway.