PDA

View Full Version : Solo backpack sprayer ?

Quail Creek LC
05-29-2002, 02:11 PM
I just purchased a new solo backpack sprayer. My question is this. Do you have to continuosly pump this sprayer or is mine defective. I have to pump it constintly to keep the thing spraying. I have tried to adjust the pressure setting and I still get the same response. Thanks for the help.

Scraper
05-29-2002, 02:20 PM
Yep...You constantly have to pump. You may be able to spray a little while without pumping, but you need to keep the pressure in there. Do you pump it up before you start spraying? Say maybe 10-12 pumps to get presuure built up? If not, then that may be your problem making you hae to pump more. I just got the SP0 backpack with 60" spray boom. Can't wait to go try this puppy out! I've got some clover to eradicate!

MATTHEW
05-29-2002, 06:01 PM
If you have to pump like crazy to keep pressure, you may have a bad seal or diphragm. Sometimes even a new one can be defective. Since you just bought it, take it back and test another one.

KirbysLawn
05-30-2002, 12:41 AM
Take it back and go buy a SP sprayer. You can find them at Northern Tool and many websites.

Green Sweep
06-06-2002, 03:05 PM
I just went through my warehouse & threw anything that said "Solo" in the trash. I've found that Shindaiwa backpacks have the least problems. But if you really want something that will last, spend a couple of hundred dollars on a Chapin sprayer.

Oh yeah, you have to constantly clean the tiny filter near the nozzle on those Solo sprayers.

Rob