PDA

View Full Version : Thought I was going to get a deal.

clean_cut
01-21-2010, 02:05 PM
I found a honda hrx217 on Craigslist yesterday for $100. Me and the owner exchanged a few emails, and I found out that it was used commercially for small areas. I'm not sure how much use it got, but I'm guessing it was pretty worn, even though it was only 2 years old. Never got any pictures, he said it was sold this morning.

Here's the link

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/grd/1560260800.html

Might of been a great deal.:(

Grass Shark
01-21-2010, 04:26 PM
it wasn't ment for you to have it... keep on lookin!

topsites
01-21-2010, 05:46 PM
Yup, keep looking.

detroitjoker
01-21-2010, 05:52 PM
I just want to let everyone know that I started my business with a Honda HRX 17. It is a bad dude. Mine is only 2 years old and I have put it to the test.
In one year it managed at 1 point 25 weekly accounts. Postage accounts of course.
Now the good stuff.
I moved down to MS and bought a house on 4 acres that needed a serious bush hogging. My idiot brother in law shunned me for a month to come over and bushhog so I deciced to see what the Honda would do with the almost foot tall grass. Set her up at 4" and she bushhogged for me. Still to this day she starts on first pull. Even in winter.
Morrow of the story here is to maintain it properly and she will pay you dividends.
I was gonna sell mine but she made the Hall of Fame in 2 years. She cuts hills and backyards these days. Definitely a great purchase. If you can get 1 for a hundred take take it.

Turf Dawg
01-21-2010, 08:54 PM
He made have been telling you the truth about light commercial usage. I have had mine for a couple of years and it probably does not have any more hours on it than some home owners would put on one. I have a Toro SR4 also and though it sat on a open trailer for a couple of years and is kinda of faded it is only on a second blade.

FastMan
01-21-2010, 09:34 PM
There's a time to fiddle around with Emails, and a time to get yur a$$ in the truck.

Roger
01-21-2010, 10:15 PM
You did not want that edition of the 217HRX. It was Smart Drive. If you are considering a Honda 217HRX, look at the Cruise Control model.

I bought the Cruise Control model last Spring, and ran it very hard, ... about 700 hours for the season. Many days it was running eight hours per day, six tanks of fuel.

It held up well, with two problems. The speed selector cable broke, but later realized it was not mounted well when it was installed initially. It had a bad bend, causing the flex cable to wear excessively at the bend point. The handle bars broke near the end of the season, and had to be replaced -- broke at the hinge point. The engine was solid all season -- ran just as well at the end, as when new. Oil was changed each week. The Versa-Mow feature was a great part of this machine for us. We only used it on "full bag" or "full mulch," as the intermediate settings are a joke. But, the change can be made on the go, using bagging on some parts of a property, mulch on other parts. No tools, no added plugs, no attachments, ... just move the lever and keep running.

If you intend to use the machine for 500 hours or less per season, you can get a couple of good seasons from this machine.

clean_cut
01-21-2010, 10:37 PM
Yeah, I wasn't in love with the smart drive system, but for $100 I don't think I would have complained.

jiggz
01-22-2010, 02:14 AM
maaan youve got to move quick.. especially today with craigslist and so many avenues to sell stuff.. if ANYTHING is a decent price you can be sure its gonna be gone same day..haha in fact Everything i buy off craigslist has always been at night late after work.. ive called and picked up mowers at 10 oclock at night cause i didnt ant them getting away.. ehh keep lookin

rcslawncare
01-22-2010, 02:44 AM
There are deals every day, just got to know where to look.

ALC-GregH
01-22-2010, 10:35 AM
There's a time to fiddle around with Emails, and a time to get yur a$$ in the truck.

my thought exactly. If it even remotely sounds like a deal, jump in and go. Fiddling with e-mails only gives someone else the chance to get there before you.

clean_cut
01-22-2010, 06:57 PM
It was over an hour away, and I can't drive my self.... But I'm sure something will come up soon.