PDA

View Full Version : exmark 48 viking... Proslide or 2 wheel velke?

DieselLandscaping
01-21-2010, 05:00 PM
Hello.
Just picked up a 48 hydro exmark viking.
I need to know, proslide or 2 wheel?
will i need weights with the ps?

I have a brand new single wheel velke, but i refuse to use it.

topsites
01-21-2010, 05:49 PM
The 2-wheeler isn't any steadier than the 1-wheel, don't let it fool you, the wheels don't keep
a Velke steady, good bushings do... The 1-wheel doesn't require any more balance than any
other type, I can stand on mine with 1 foot and it doesn't fall over...

Just make sure to keep it greased, and replace the bushings once a year.
Matter of fact if anything it's the 2-wheeler that gets squirrely on you, as soon
as you get up to some kind of speed the 2-wheelers like to fishtail (a lot).

I wouldn't get a Proslide, nice design but too much mickey mouse, can't ride it on paved surfaces, etc.

mowerbrad
01-21-2010, 05:56 PM
I have seen the proslides used, and they are a slick unit. I would probably get a proslide if I needed a sulky. The fact that they fold up out of the way automatically, is a very nice feature. Like topsites said, you can't ride it on pavement, so if you plan on transporting the unit on pavement often instead of on grass, I would go with something else. But between the two options, I would go with the proslide.

lawnboy852
01-21-2010, 05:59 PM
With a hydro I would look at the sulkeys with 2 swiveling wheels. They give you the best bang for your buck, and although you can complete a zero turn with a 2 fixed wheel sulkey, it is slow and tedious untill you get the hang of it, then it is still risky, and Ive had some bad bruises and bangs up my ankle for when things dont go quite right. With swiveling wheels there is nothing to worry about, reverse, turning, etc, All I have heard is good things about them. That will probably be my purchase for the year...

Anywho, if you must choose between the two, I would get the sulky, its more versatile on more surfaces, good for those runs between grassed areas.

echeandia
01-21-2010, 07:11 PM
I have one wheel units. One is a Velky and the other is an Exmark Stand-On. What I like about the Stand-On is the way it folds up and out of the way when I put it on the trailer. Otherwise there is no difference and they both work as designed.

DieselLandscaping
01-21-2010, 08:18 PM
I Have 3 other one wheeled velke's and i dont like the mark down the center. i'm willing to do a little walking across roads and sidewalks. I just dont wanna spend $400 then spend $200 on a wheight kit. Oh and i like to consider myself a single wheel pro jumping over holes and dips. That single tire mark kills me inside

lawnboy852
01-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Diesel, I agree about that third line, but I have never talked to a single person outside the industry who even really notices it, let alone cares hahaha! I use my Metro with no weight kit, with no problems, even up hills. Now im a pretty scrawny kid around 150, i dont know how much you weigh, or if it would even make much of a difference. So long as you dont "pop the clutch" and accelerate from a standstill to top speed right off the bat, I imagine you would be fine. On another note, I have seen all sorts of interesting innovations for weight kits. Things like weight plates instead of spacers above the forks, brackets that hold cinder blocks, etc

DieselLandscaping
01-21-2010, 10:26 PM
I think a 2 wheeled velke is my best bet. Anyone want a almost new single wheel?
Posted via Mobile Device