PDA

View Full Version : stripe roller jd

derekarbeiter
01-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Hey everyone,

As many of you probably know i have an '06 jd 717a and am looking for a stripe roller for the 7-iron but idk if i should buy the factory one or rig up something of my own. I know that the 7iron is a deck that is difficult to get any stripes out of but i wanna know what would work best.

Thanks,
Derek

rcslawncare
01-22-2010, 02:50 AM
The 7 Iron 2, stripes great for me. I think there are mostly the same. I would get the factory kit as it is up out of the way. A lot of my properties don't need to look like a baseball field, so I don't justify the $300 bucks for the roller just to have bearings seize up and all the other fun stuff like that. But the ones that trailer behind the mower just seem like a pain.

derekarbeiter
01-22-2010, 09:59 AM
Yeah thats what i have the 7-Iron II. I just dont want to spend 300 dollars i would like to find one cheap somewhere or build a replica.

yard_smart
01-22-2010, 10:22 AM
I have a JD ZTR put the striping kit on it last year and the thing was ripped off by week 4 ... dinging and banging against stuff sheered the bolts right off

derekarbeiter
01-22-2010, 01:59 PM
So do you think it would be worth my while to spend 300 bucks or just rig a system up?

rcslawncare
01-22-2010, 08:23 PM
I would get the kit before I rigged it up, but thats a lot of money for stripes. Do you customers want them or do you?

Mr. Rain
01-22-2010, 10:13 PM
I have the JD roller on my 757 and am very happy with the striping results. It's kind of a hassle to grease the way the zerks are located, and it limits your HOC range. But if stripes you want, it certainly provides them.

derekarbeiter
01-22-2010, 10:13 PM
I am the one who is wanting the stripes i just thought it would make it look better as the 7-iron doesnt stripe on its own very well

rcslawncare
01-22-2010, 10:51 PM
I hear you there! like them too, but until i get some more high end manicured properties, they just want the grass cut. Most people don't even realize the cut, ts the trimming and the hedge work that people get picky about. if you got the money, go for it, just make sure those bearings are greased very well!! If you do get it, put up a before and after picture with the roller. It would be interesting to see the difference!

derekarbeiter
01-22-2010, 11:06 PM
Okay thanks i will do that if i get it