PDA

View Full Version : 2004 lesco walkbehind with grass cather worth $1000?

Nolimit124
01-22-2010, 12:24 AM
Hey guys i'm looking to buy this lesco 2004 mower for $1000. The guy who had it sent me a few pictures and it looks pretty good on the pictures. Its a hydro the guy dosen't know how many hours on it what are you opinions on it? I cant afford to buy new equipment so i'm looking at used.

let me know

FourTrees
01-22-2010, 01:05 AM
You seem busy finding a good deal. Problem here is you need to test and see how well it runs. Does it look like someone took care of it or does it look like it has seen better days. Engine run and start well? Blades spin, with no funky noises? Engine oil more like tar than oil. Gas rancid? DO YOU HAVE LESCO dealer mechanic near by?

I am no Lesco fan. I have never run it. No dealer support close by for me. So it would not be the best deal, but for you it may be. Good price and local dealer support, may work out just fine.

jiggz
01-22-2010, 01:34 AM
what size is it?? you said its a hydro so I'm guessing its a 36 or bigger..I cant really comment on Lesco cause I've never used them.. but i can say that any 6 year old commercial quality walkbehind that's in decent shape is worth a grand.. especially with a bagger.. new metal ones are worth 300 alone.. test it out if it cuts good, scoop it up.. Ive only seen them with Kawi's on em so you know your good there at least...

good luck

topsites
01-22-2010, 02:13 AM
I realize it's going to take time but much like estimating a job there exists a
process by which one can determine the value of a piece of equipment.

When you ask us if it's a good deal the information involves knowledge and that
ain't free, sorry if that comes across rude but you guys are not learning a thing this way...

Why is it important to learn how to determine the value of something...
Because next comes the truck, the trailer, the trimmer, hey should I get this blower or ...
omg...

How about anything else in life, maybe in the future you have children, one of them wants a bicycle,
now how do you know if the fellow selling you some Schwinn for $50 is a good deal?

It helps if you at least have some idea of what it should be worth.

And beyond that one or more of you is quite simply going to have to get in your car,
drive over there and take a look at it, there ain't but so much anyone here can do
telling you how you should spend your money...

Now if it so happens that you get stuck with a POS that is called a learning experience,
how you know it's a POS, guess that means it's worth less than what you paid for it and that's
called learning. Around here I'm pretty sure more than a few folks stick their necks out every
day and sometimes get lucky and other times lose their shirt...
How we learn, but it ain't free.

So please at least try to learn how to determine the value of a piece of equipment.

Peace out

Nolimit124
01-22-2010, 03:02 PM
I think its worth it however, I have had mixed reviews about the lescos. I figured if I bought it didn't like the way it cut could I get $1000 for it is basically what I was asking. it looks as though it was taken care of, but I figured I would ask on here before a drove an hour to see it.

Valk
01-22-2010, 03:20 PM
Offer $700...cash. Rarely does one buy from an individual at the initial price. You may just end up at $850.