PDA

View Full Version : ****getting cold feet*****

toomuchtime
01-22-2010, 12:00 AM
Man man man i think to much lol
I found a 2006 Bobcat T300 1500 hours,gold package,asc controls and high flo for 28500 shipped to my door. I really wanted something with less hours and the delux instrument panel. kinda feel like im settleing. Then I fell like just get it lol. Another thing to is im buying the machine from pictures kinda scary wiring a boat load of money for machine i havnt touched just seen many pictures of....

In your guys opinions what do think about the hours? The machine has a brand new set of tracks but the sprokets show considerable were. So im thinking the sprockets will be in the near future????????? Whats your take should I pull the trigger or keep looking?

On another note I went and demoed a 297c got dam thats a nice machine kind of wish i didnt go lol. wanted 48,000 out the door to much then tried to talk me in a 287b.

Then onto ive been looking for a highflo machine but do i really need it?

Decesions decesions

any insight

thanks guys

stuvecorp
01-22-2010, 12:19 AM
I'd want one with less hours. That is pretty tough not knowing the real shape of it, is there any 'guarantee' if it isn't just right? For me if I do a lot of second guessing that is a flag that I shouldn't do it. Good Luck.

Stick Pro
01-22-2010, 12:46 AM
What are u planning on doing with your new machine. The 287 is a smooth machine i loved mine until we upgraded to our 289 a great improvement from the 87, we still have our 87 for around the shop purposes. The t300 is a solid machine but the ride i can not get over it is way to rough, u will not have any fillings in your teeth after u are done operating that machine for a day. Good luck on your purchace.

toomuchtime
01-22-2010, 01:03 AM
stuvcorp i think your right! lower hours.There is nothing local on the west coast the ones that are at the delerships are 5-10k more then like units on the east coast. Sucks so I either fly out and inspect the machine or buy it from pictures. None of the machines come with any gurantees at all.

Stickpro Im buying the machine for use on my property we have a few roads to cut.gravel to spread,alot of brush abatement and a pad to do.After I finish my property I hope to start a small side buisness light excavation,brush work etc. I like the cat ride better then the bobcat powerwise seem to be about the same. The ride is great but honestly the undercarriage freaks me out lol. Here in southern ca we have real hard soil that can be rockey. I think it will tear cat up. I like the taki machines there is a nice tl150 pretty local but the closest dealer is 8 hours away. So im not doing that. T300 or T320 seems to be the way to go. Would love to get a cat but it gives me bad feelin in my gut lol

Stick Pro
01-22-2010, 01:43 AM
Your soil is not much different than it is over here in Fresno, i have put my 287b through hell, hard pan, rock, u name it. The down fall on the cat 287b is all the axels on our machine, they started to go out one by one the cost factor on replacing was rediculious, but it took 2900 hours to get at that stage. If u have the money i would recomend a 79 89 or a 99. The bobcat is a sound machine if u are not running it on a 8 hour day.

wanabe
01-22-2010, 09:28 AM
I just purchased a 07 T300, 1050 hours, Gold Package, keyless, cab heat air, bobtach, 80 inch smooth bucket with bolt on edge(almost new), brand new tracks, all for 24k.

Skidsteerman
01-22-2010, 11:14 AM
I just purchased a 07 T300, 1050 hours, Gold Package, keyless, cab heat air, bobtach, 80 inch smooth bucket with bolt on edge(almost new), brand new tracks, all for 24k.

That's about right, the machine above is about $6K too high IMO and that's if the unit has good tracks on it and in good condition.

Somewhere in mid 2009 large frame CTL's really lost their resale value (not that they were holding a decent one anyway) - no matter who's brand.

wanabe
01-22-2010, 11:58 AM
That's about right, the machine above is about $6K too high IMO and that's if the unit has good tracks on it and in good condition.

Somewhere in mid 2009 large frame CTL's really lost their resale value (not that they were holding a decent one anyway) - no matter who's brand.

Forgot to add, but the T300 I purchased was through the bobcat dealer shop, getting new bucket pins/bushings, new bucket hyd cylinder, new radiator, and a few other things.

Skidsteerman
01-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Forgot to add, but the T300 I purchased was through the bobcat dealer shop, getting new bucket pins/bushings, new bucket hyd cylinder, new radiator, and a few other things.

Needed all that at 1000 hours already???

toomuchtime
01-23-2010, 11:32 AM
Well i passed on the t300 just didnt feel right. Bobcat is what i know and have ran but the cat keeps comin up! I really would like a 287 or 97 c but dont really want to spend 40k+. I went back to cat yesterday they just got a 06 287b 1400 hrs ac/heat cab,electronic coupler,hi flo loaded. the tracks are shot and the undercarriage is about 30%. There going to put new cat tracks on an replace the complete undercarriage. There willing to give me a 1000 hr warranty on the undercarriage,power train and hydraulics. Out the door price is 30K. The machine looks new but has one problem it came from a dairy farm so it smells like **** lol he said he would throw in free air freashner lol What are your guys thoughts on this machine and this deal?

Thanks guys

wanabe
01-23-2010, 11:39 AM
Needed all that at 1000 hours already???

The hyd cylinder was wet, so they just decided to put a new one on insted of re sealing the old one. The radiator had a small crack, in the tank/core seam, so that was replaced too. The bucket pins had a little play so they threw that in on the deal.

Caterkillar
01-23-2010, 03:07 PM
With the economy the way it is now. I would be holding out for a DEAL. There is 06 287B with 500 hrs with heat/ac for 25k on my local craigslist. I don't even think that is a deal, I would wait for someone to practically give one away.... and it happens alot! Watch your local craigslist and make some lowball offers, one may stick and save you 10k!

toomuchtime
01-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Caterkiller ive been searchin every sale site I know including craigslist state by state. There is alot of ctls to be had for a good deal but when you your looking for a specefic machince high flo especially there is just not alot around.The ones that do have highflo seem to be holding there value!

Blue Goose
01-24-2010, 11:23 AM
Here is a pretty obscure online auction site where Bobcat of St. Louis has some of their equipment listed...

Linky (http://www.purplewave.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?100126/category/ALL)

P.Services
01-24-2010, 11:45 AM
Go on catused.com and speak with your local salesman about repo machines. Tell him your not buying a machine unless its a repo and its a new c series under 30 grand peroid. My guy sent me the info on a 277c with high flow and full cab 300 hours for 27,000. I would taken it but I must have 2spd. Repo is where the deals are.
Posted via Mobile Device

Caterkillar
01-24-2010, 11:52 AM
Caterkiller ive been searchin every sale site I know including craigslist state by state. There is alot of ctls to be had for a good deal but when you your looking for a specefic machince high flo especially there is just not alot around.The ones that do have highflo seem to be holding there value!

Just keep searching. Be patient and be ready to pounce on the deal with cash ready. I have found so many deals lately, I have been flipping machines.