PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions for ZTR with snowblower/blade attachment

forgop
01-22-2010, 12:08 PM
I'm in the market for a new/used ZTR and I know Ariens makes a blower/blade attachment for snow. Does anyone know if any of the other manufacturers have this option and if so, what models they are available for?

Thanks!

mjschue
01-22-2010, 02:45 PM
Bad Boy Has had a blade for several years and I should be getting my snowblower in the next week or so. It will fit all machines from the Pup through the AOS Diesel. 66" wide all electric controls. Ordered the tires chains yesterday.

djchiodo3
01-22-2010, 04:12 PM
Grass Hopper makes a unit that can hold different attachments, including a snow blower(sounds dirty). Check out their web site.

johnnyusa
01-22-2010, 10:16 PM
Walker two stage throws the snow well own one and cant believe the power. ck out there site @ walkermowers.com

sdk1959
01-22-2010, 10:41 PM
If your going to do some serious snow plowing forget using a ZTR, they aren't made for that, a garden tractor is. How many ZTR's do you see in pull competitions -zilch. They're made to cut grass fast, not snow plowing, get the right tool for the job, a tractor.

forgop
01-22-2010, 11:49 PM
If your going to do some serious snow plowing forget using a ZTR, they aren't made for that, a garden tractor is. How many ZTR's do you see in pull competitions -zilch. They're made to cut grass fast, not snow plowing, get the right tool for the job, a tractor.

I'm only doing this for my drive, so I'm not looking for something to do it professionally. Additionally, we don't get enough snow that I couldn't be out frequently enough to do a satisfactory job. I know a ztr is less than ideal, but given the option for a single piece of equipment, i have to go with the ztr over the garden tractor.
Posted via Mobile Device

greenred
01-23-2010, 02:04 AM
JRCO makes a after market snowblade for ZTR's.

http://www.jrcoinc.com/product.asp?id=7

If you already own a ZTR this would be your best bet. If your in the market for a ZTR I know both Bad Boy and Dixie Chopper offer a snow blade option for their ZTR's.

If you already own a ZTR you might also want to keep a eye out on craigslist for a used garden tractor with plow. You can find them for less then the price of a new plow a lot of times, and it beats tearing up your expensive ZTR in the snow.

meets1
01-23-2010, 05:31 AM
I think most after markets would fit and if not mod them. I would get a nice Z and fit attachment to that instead of making the snow decision your important decision on what Z your going to buy. I know our front runner by exmark has attachments. There is a guy with an after market plow on his dixon and a neighbor who has the same plow oon his homeowner TORO.