PDA

View Full Version : Walker with Hours

CircleC
01-22-2010, 06:52 PM
Went out yesterday and looked at a late 90's Walker MTGHS. Has a 25 hrspower Kohler with 1880 hrs. Unit was owned by the City of Medford, a guy bought a few mowers from the city and fixed them up (repaint). Mower is in really good shape.

I'm a little concerned about the hours on machine. Runs good, started right up, hydros felt tight, didn't smoke, no leaking oil and it didn't look beat up. Guy is selling for $4600.

What are some of your experiences with Walker with high hours...seems like a good price.

Let me know what you guys think, give me some feed back....thanks!

Kutz Lawns
01-22-2010, 06:58 PM
If he gets $4600 for that no wonder he's in the business of fixing them up, I would too!

That's way too much & he's waiting for the right sucker to come along!

Probably worth half that, maybe!

CircleC
01-22-2010, 07:08 PM
Thanks Kutz.....What would you pay for something like that? I thought it was a little high....was thinking closer to 3k or so.

WHIPPLE5.7
01-22-2010, 07:14 PM
That mower should be no more than upper $2K range but preferably around $2K even. New paint doesn't do much for the rest of a machine facing retirement.

jsf343
01-22-2010, 07:45 PM
wow, don't do it! thats a lot of $$$$ for that old of a model. I personally wouldn't pay over $1500.00

dishboy
01-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Call the Walker dealer and ask for the Walker Bluebook value that Walker gives to the dealers.

djchiodo3
01-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Went out yesterday and looked at a late 90's Walker MTGHS. Has a 25 hrspower Kohler with 1880 hrs. Unit was owned by the City of Medford, a guy bought a few mowers from the city and fixed them up (repaint). Mower is in really good shape.

I'm a little concerned about the hours on machine. Runs good, started right up, hydros felt tight, didn't smoke, no leaking oil and it didn't look beat up. Guy is selling for $4600.

What are some of your experiences with Walker with high hours...seems like a good price.

Let me know what you guys think, give me some feed back....thanks!

Simple answer. NO NO NO

Turf Dawg
01-22-2010, 08:04 PM
I hate to just jump to conclusions. Can you find out what has been done to the mower from the shop records. As for as we know it could have a newer engine, hydro's, blower, ect.......... . All of these type items could change the price.

CircleC
01-22-2010, 08:24 PM
Turf Dawn.....there are no records for the machine since it was purchased from the City of Medford. When the guy blasted it for repaint he blasted all the serial number off. I don't think its stollen, the guy seems too straight up for that.

Owner says he has only put about 100 hrs on it, just too big for his lawn. Im starting to think he's asking too much. I could use a machine like that, however; I dont want to get stuck with a bomb! Maybe I will take 2k cask over to his place and see if he will take it.

Keep it coming...

lifetree
01-22-2010, 10:21 PM
I think somewhere between $ 2-3 K would be fair !!

rcslawncare
01-23-2010, 01:07 AM
I would pay, from what you have stated, $1800 to $2000 for it. It is just a ticking time bomb at this point, for a back up or fall clean up machine, it would be good, but not for a sole mower operation! good luck!

Greenleaf Lawns
01-23-2010, 03:20 AM
2000 - 2500 no more this guy is nuts...

Kutz Lawns
01-23-2010, 04:39 AM
there are no records for the machine since it was purchased from the City of Medford. When the guy blasted it for repaint he blasted all the serial number off. I don't think its stollen, the guy seems too straight up for that

That right there is a HUGE red flag, NOBODY blasts the serial number off by accident, it's HOT, HOT, HOT!

City owned machines usually keep pretty good service records for everything!

There's a con artist born every minute and best one's are the one's you don't suspect, he must be good at it!

WALK AWAY!

rcslawncare
01-23-2010, 04:37 PM
If there is no VIN, just like above, walk away. Don't put yourself anywhere near receiving stolen property!!