PDA

View Full Version : What do you think is fair?

xtreem3d
01-22-2010, 07:36 PM
i'm a new holland guy so i know the machines fairly well..found a used LS190 (83-87HP model)at a Deere dealer listed at 8900.00 because it has alot of hours. after looking at pics online i knew it was a 2 speed but they had no idea. went and looked at it. 2 speed wasn't working properly, aux hyd didn't work and because the spool might have been rusted in place from non use the pedals didn't work properly. i called the salesman thanked him for letting me look at it and run it, told him what was wrong and he said he would bring it back to st. louis to get it figured out. i have been assuming all along that he would make it right for the 8900.00 OR discount the price . i'm assuming this because they had no idea what they had before i went and looked at it. i think they took it on trade via pics and never ran it. today the salesman said he was waiting for the price to come back for parts and labor...i was in a hurry and not paying close attention until i hung up so i didn't ask if this would affect the original asking price. whatta think is going to be fair? if the machine is working properly it is worth more than 8900.00 BUT i actually would have prefered a reduced price in order to get the machine and fix it at my pace. it's coming down to... i have the 9000.00 set aside for the machine but if they increase the price it may take me out of range (even though the machine will be fixed)
i guess i'm asking since they advertised it not knowing what was wrong should they stick with the price as i am not forcing them to fix it...hope this is clear
steve
EDIT..i should add that they have it so cheap only because it has alot of hours , no other reason according to the saleman

NEUSWEDE
01-22-2010, 07:55 PM
I'd run and find another machine with low hours use 5k of the 9K as a downpayment and finance the rest and put the 4k towards monthly payments. Your buying a machine that is going to make you money, if it isn't working your not working making money. They might fix it so it works when you pick it up but how long will that last. There are a lot of deals out there for good equipment do fall for a machine just because of the price have to look at the big picture.

Mr. Rain
01-22-2010, 09:50 PM
If you wanted it "as is", I think you should have made that clear and made an offer based on what you knew to be issues. If they go and stick a bunch of money into a used machine, they are increasing the value and their investment, and have every right to raise the price accordingly, unless you had made some kind of deal regarding a purchase and what was to be done for the agreed price.

stuvecorp
01-23-2010, 12:50 AM
Usually when a machine is that cheap it's an 'as is' type deal, if you spend to fix it you could have one that is nice so why mess with it? I guess why should they(the dealer) mess with it too much?