PDA

View Full Version : need advice

southerngreenscape
01-22-2010, 10:21 PM
how do you go about bidding on a entire neighborhood (patio homes). Should i charge per house or charge per hour. Plus it has a entrance way and common area. I have never bid on anything like this and would really like to get in a good bid.

echeandia
01-22-2010, 10:56 PM
Is each house paying for their own lawn?

southerngreenscape
01-22-2010, 11:25 PM
no it is threw neighborhood association

FourTrees
01-23-2010, 12:08 AM
You bid for the entire thing not individually. You just have to price it as you would any job. How much money do you need to make in order to make the work profitable. Typically these are full service jobs. You bid a yearly rate covering all the work to be performed dividing the total over 12 months (or as many months as work is performed depending on area).

echeandia
01-23-2010, 07:56 AM
Since it is one job then bid it that way.

A Leaf Above
01-23-2010, 09:46 AM
These are tough to bid on accurately .Every homeowner thinks that you will be there personal landscaper ..What you need to do is walk the property with a couple board members and find out EXACTLY what you will be responsible for ..Then you know how to bid the job ..You definately have to figure a quantity discount for multiple houses instead of bidding each house individually multiplied by the number of houses ..Ask them to see the contract that have now with the $$$$ not enclosed ..That will also give you a better understanding of what they are needing from you ...

southerngreenscape
01-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Yeah i am definitly going to walk the property with them, my thing is how much per hour should i charge. It is going to take four employee's that i have to hire. what do ya'll usually charge per person.