PDA

View Full Version : Condo bid q

Lawnut101
01-23-2010, 02:08 PM
I just got a bid sheet from a condo assoc., and there is a rule that says "The deck of the mower will NOT exceed 42"

How do you mow almost 20 acres and be productive with a small mower? I don't even know of companies that make mower as small as that other than walk behinds.

I still have to call the guy and see if that is accurate, but if it is, I'm not sure if I wanna bid on it or not.

Is this a pretty common practice with condo associations?

Lawn Pawn
01-23-2010, 02:23 PM
I would think.......

What they meant was you must have at least one mower that was less than 42".

If this is an example of how they write specs..... I would be careful.

Lawnut101
01-23-2010, 02:37 PM
I would think.......

What they meant was you must have at least one mower that was less than 42".

If this is an example of how they write specs..... I would be careful.

Well I am gonna call them in a bit and see. I just wondered how many condo associations do this type of stuff.

Lawnut101
01-24-2010, 06:10 AM
I called the guy today. He told me not to worry about that part. I bet when they sent that out originally, they probably got a ton of calls and complaints about that! lol

Bunton Guy
01-24-2010, 09:59 AM
We've done a handful of condo associations and such were it was more convenient and safer for us to use 36" hydro walk behinds & 36" super surfers to get between the buildings, behind & in front of the homes. Using 52" & 48" mowers in the wide open sections where there was no worries of hitting cars or personal belongings.

That might have been how they came up with the idea of what size mower to use. I know I can mow a small area with a 60" Z rider......but do I want to take a chance with Juan mowing with the same mower in a tight area? yes and no.

Lawnut101
01-24-2010, 04:41 PM
We've done a handful of condo associations and such were it was more convenient and safer for us to use 36" hydro walk behinds & 36" super surfers to get between the buildings, behind & in front of the homes. Using 52" & 48" mowers in the wide open sections where there was no worries of hitting cars or personal belongings.

That might have been how they came up with the idea of what size mower to use. I know I can mow a small area with a 60" Z rider......but do I want to take a chance with Juan mowing with the same mower in a tight area? yes and no.

I agree with you. These condo's are pretty wide open. But I have seen many where smaller mowers would be good.