PDA

View Full Version : Sounds like a really good deal?

Bunton Guy
01-23-2010, 02:43 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-52-EVERRIDE-SCORPION-SURFER-ZERO-TURN-LAWN-MOWER_W0QQitemZ360226969687QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53df335857

What do you think ? I thought about buying it just because its a good deal & its always good to have a good backup mower.

motorscot
01-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Not sure if it's a good deal or not (not up on prices for standers) but I bought my Toro 48 WB from them. They seem like a decent outfit.

Lawnut101
01-23-2010, 03:02 PM
I don't know much about them, but for what I see there, that seems like a good deal. It's got a 23hp Kawi, that's pretty pricey itself.

topsites
01-23-2010, 03:08 PM
I'd say that's a really good price, we know it ain't stolen, there's little doubt in
my mind that it's anything but brand new, and if memory serves me right they
sold new for like 6g's (but at least 5, I'm pretty sure of that)...

The company that made them is no longer in business but I have a 60" Everride Ztr and haven't had any problems getting parts.
This might present some issues with the warranty, unless that dealer is local to you I'd say assume
this one is sold "No warranty" and then you're gtg, even then it's a good deal.

Only other thing is that 52" deck won't fit through anything but double gates, small price to pay.

Here's another (other than that crazy steel chute cover):
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-48-HYDRO-COMM-WALK-BEHIND-LAWN-MOWER-ZERO-TURN_W0QQitemZ350306861540QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item518fea81e4

Now Red Hawk is definitely not a widely sold brand and it is pistol grips, but for a Hydro that's also a super deal.

grassman177
01-23-2010, 07:10 PM
i did not know you had a warrior topsites!!!

wehave 4 and they have been pretty good. there were some center spindle issues but they changed the style and made them better under warranty

Pat'sPerfectLawnService
01-23-2010, 07:33 PM
i havent really heard of everride mowers but for a stander mower that seems like a good deal.

Raymond S.
01-23-2010, 10:28 PM
That's the stander that I have. Bought from a member here on the site. It does tend to scalp at times but not terrible. I made a striping kit mounted underneath the platform behind the deck but in front of the rear wheels, works excellent. The cut and power of this mower is really superb. I also put a powerchute on it, again works excellent. For $4k I don't think you can beat it. You can get parts at your local John Deere dealer for the QuikTrak mowers. Same mower, different decks.

Bunton Guy
01-23-2010, 10:38 PM
The company that made them is no longer in business but I have a 60" Everride Ztr and haven't had any problems getting parts.
This might present some issues with the warranty, unless that dealer is local to you I'd say assume
this one is sold "No warranty" and then you're gtg, even then it's a good deal.

Here's another (other than that crazy steel chute cover):
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-48-HYDRO-COMM-WALK-BEHIND-LAWN-MOWER-ZERO-TURN_W0QQitemZ350306861540QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item518fea81e4

Now Red Hawk is definitely not a widely sold brand and it is pistol grips, but for a Hydro that's also a super deal.

Evveride still has a website up? Are they not still in business?

LKCLawnService
01-24-2010, 02:47 PM
I got that exact mower and has been a great mower so far. Would recommend to anyone! Evverride does still have a website up and I do believe the Ariens bought them and is running them as a sister company.

topsites
01-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Evveride still has a website up? Are they not still in business?

I think Wright manufacturing bought them out, if I recall correctly they declared
bankruptcy or something but I am pretty sure they did close their manufacturing
plant, this happened like a year or two ago.

But yeah, I still see the machines being sold even at my dealer.
Not sure what to make of it but I am thus far glad they didn't just drop the ball and leave me
hanging with a machine I can't find parts for, that's what more than a few of us were afraid of.

LKCLawnService
01-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Theres alot of universal parts you can use.

nepatsfan
01-24-2010, 11:13 PM
Does that mower have a steel catcher that fits right on or do you have to bolt a plate on.

grassman177
01-25-2010, 02:12 AM
to clarify, they compnay still exists and ariens now owns them, we are tight with them and have been excellent to work with. the everride brand is a good machine, but i am not a fan of the scorpions being a copy of the great danes. i dont like any of that line up and only opt for wrights products. the new scag and toro/exmark are great contenders as well

but for the price, you can t go wrong as it is still a good machine, just not my choice

nepatsfan
01-25-2010, 05:32 PM
I bought it. I'll tell you how it works out. $270 for shipping door to door from NC to MA. I thought that was pretty good. I hope its a good mower. I have never used one but from the reviews on here and the price I couldn't pass it up. :drinkup: