PDA

View Full Version : which one do you think is a better deal

Bobcat'nSTL
01-23-2010, 03:15 PM
I am looking into getting an equipment trailer and need to know which one do you think is a better deal.
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/grd/1551166704.html
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/grd/1566051314.html

Junior M
01-23-2010, 03:19 PM
your comparing apples to oranges in my opinion Nick..

but I'd go with the second one for a few reasons
1- its a GN
2- tandem 7k axles(the first one only has 3500pound axles)
3- its a deckover

Bobcat'nSTL
01-23-2010, 03:24 PM
your comparing apples to oranges in my opinion Nick..

but I'd go with the second one for a few reasons
1- its a GN
2- tandem 7k axles(the first one only has 3500pound axles)
3- its a deckover
thats what I was thinking but we dont have gooseneck hitches in our trucks so i would have to find out how much they would be to buy.

Junior M
01-23-2010, 03:25 PM
thats what I was thinking but we dont have gooseneck hitches in our trucks so i would have to find out how much they would be to buy.
a hitch is like $500 installed down here..

Bobcat'nSTL
01-23-2010, 03:30 PM
a hitch is like $500 installed down here..

thats not bad plus I can install it.

Scag48
01-23-2010, 03:39 PM
thats not bad plus I can install it.

I wouldn't. Pay someone who knows what they're doing to make sure the ball is correctly mounted to the frame of the truck.

The two trailers you've posted are two very different animals. Unless you need a deckover and the capacity that a gooseneck would allow, getting something like the first link with some real axles that are 6K a piece is the ticket for moving smaller skids and minis.

Bobcat'nSTL
01-23-2010, 03:48 PM
I wouldn't. Pay someone who knows what they're doing to make sure the ball is correctly mounted to the frame of the truck.

The two trailers you've posted are two very different animals. Unless you need a deckover and the capacity that a gooseneck would allow, getting something like the first link with some real axles that are 6K a piece is the ticket for moving smaller skids and minis.

I wouldn't personally be installing it my dad would be because he is a Mechanic and has the know how and tools to do it. He has many put hitches on before. So I am not worried about that.