PDA

View Full Version : Would You buy a WorldLawn ZTR?

WREBELMACHINE
01-23-2010, 04:16 PM
Just doing some thinking and was wondering how many of you guys would buy a Worldlawn ZTR? Also why or why not? After I get some response to the thread If it goes like I think it will I will give you something to think about! Of food for thought!

grassman177
01-23-2010, 07:06 PM
how about nope for thie first response

Turf Dawg
01-23-2010, 07:30 PM
I do not know about the mid mount, but for the money I like their 33 and 36 walkbehinds for low hr usage. I know they are made in China, but so is a lot of the Briggs engines that come on supposedly USA made mowers.

Grass Shark
01-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Third response NO

Richard Martin
01-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Nope. I only buy foreign if I don't have a choice.

Greg78
01-23-2010, 07:44 PM
Nope, I have looked at them in person and wouldn't buy one. Compared to any of the big boys they seem cheaply made.

dishboy
01-23-2010, 07:51 PM
No to the ZTR but yes to the 28" as there is nothing comparable anywhere.

OSU 09
01-23-2010, 09:13 PM
I'll add another NO to the list.

scagrider22
01-23-2010, 09:17 PM
15 years in the business and Ive never heard of them.

scagrider22
01-23-2010, 09:22 PM
I just looked them up and they look like crap so I would say no I would not even be willing to waste time demoing one!

HenryB
01-23-2010, 09:38 PM
How much are the ZTR's?

WREBELMACHINE
01-23-2010, 10:16 PM
Keep them coming! So far these are not the responses I thought I would get. The Worldlawn ZTR is a very very close copy of a Exmark Lazer.

Bob_n_weave
01-23-2010, 10:37 PM
Funny you ask, my dealer here asked me today if i would be interested in them.

I do not like the idea of giving China anything, especially my money.
I would rather pay more for made in USA :usflag: We all need jobs.

So tell Kim Chun Ching NO!!! We are not financing your Nukes. That's my final answer

scagrider22
01-23-2010, 11:09 PM
Keep them coming! So far these are not the responses I thought I would get. The Worldlawn ZTR is a very very close copy of a Exmark Lazer.

It very ovious they tried to copy Exmark but the quality didnt even look close in the photos I saw on the worldwide website and Im sure it would look even worse in person.

NEWGUYRI
01-24-2010, 12:16 AM
LOOKS HORRIBLE. I would never pay for that S**T! I buy AMERICAN. I can honesly say I hope this company crashes and burns.

integrityman
01-24-2010, 01:37 AM
# 1 reason I WOULDN'T buy WL? Its chinese made. Americans have got to start buying what is Made or assembled in the USA. #2. Ive looked closely at the WL walk behinds a t alocal dealer. They look just plain cheap.

Ancient chinese proverb: "Buy the best and cry but once."

grassman177
01-24-2010, 01:44 AM
LOOKS HORRIBLE. I would never pay for that S**T! I buy AMERICAN. I can honesly say I hope this company crashes and burns.

acutally the stihl and redmax and kubota are all foreign my friend. i do know the kubota are assembled here, but most parts are from japan i think. dont know about the others stuff, but no american handhelds last time i checked.

i love american too, but when it somes to small engines we have stuck with kawasaki, honda and echo, and until they show a reason not to, we will continue to do so on our machines

hornett22
01-24-2010, 09:54 AM
wear a Worldlawn t shirt if it was free. i ain't buying anything from China if i have a choice.

if you buy one,you will be sorry.

Rons Rightway Lawncare
01-24-2010, 10:15 AM
My dealer sells them and says he hasn't had one come in yet for warranty work.

Rons Rightway Lawncare
01-24-2010, 10:17 AM
But I have already been down the " Buy cheap lawn equipment " route years ago when I started my business.... Buying a fleet of Encore mowers, as their walkbehinds looked like Red copys of Scags for a grand less a unit. They ended up being turds, terrible cut and falling apart way too quickly.

Lawn Pawn
01-24-2010, 10:52 AM
This is a copy and paste from another website......

Well we sold about a dozen of them and never had any real issues with any of them, we never sold any of their ZTR's. Most of the units were sold to homeowners with large yards, but a couple were sold to small commercial operators, if they had any bad experiences with them they never complained to us. These mowers have their applications and if you are used to running a commercial mower like a belt drive Scag, then using a Stealth can be a little confusing. If you use it the way it is designed then I don't think they are hard to operate at all.

The units are pretty heavy duty, but I would not recommend them for commercial crews, maybe only to owner operators as they are certainly not on par with the likes of Scag, eXmark or any other truly commercial mowers, but then they don't cost as much either. You don't get what you don't pay for!!!!

When I was checking for info on the Stealth I ran across these reviews on epinion.com I know these are not Commercial Cutters but I don't think that is the market for this machine. It could however be a good start up unit for someone with limited funds, as they cost about the same as a good quality commercial 21" Toro or Honda mower.

Richard Martin
01-24-2010, 12:42 PM
This is a copy and paste from another website......

then using a Stealth can be a little confusing. If you use it the way it is designed then I don't think they are hard to operate at all.

When I was checking for info on the Stealth I ran across these reviews on epinion.com I know these are not Commercial Cutters but I don't think that is the market for this machine.

they cost about the same as a good quality commercial 21" Toro or Honda mower.

The review you've quoted from PPE is about a different mower. World Lawn does not make the Stealth™ mower. The name Stealth™ is trademarked by Sutech and as such can't be used by World Lawn.

That thread over there got started as a World Lawn topic and then because someone said the World looks like the Sutech Stealth they suddenly started discussing the Sutech mower.

MONTE
01-24-2010, 02:08 PM
:eek::eek:

Scagguy
01-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Not no but HELL NO!!!!

MONTE
01-24-2010, 02:38 PM
After reading the original questions rebel asked I am not seeing anyone answering them all. We are seeing guys say No they would not buy one but no one is saying why?

Lbilawncare
01-24-2010, 02:38 PM
I would rather spend my money on a used machine that is commercial quality. I had a dealer insist on me demoing one, when it arrived it wouldn't start and it was brand new.

NEWGUYRI
01-24-2010, 02:40 PM
acutally the stihl and redmax and kubota are all foreign my friend. i do know the kubota are assembled here, but most parts are from japan i think. dont know about the others stuff, but no american handhelds last time i checked.

i love american too, but when it somes to small engines we have stuck with kawasaki, honda and echo, and until they show a reason not to, we will continue to do so on our machines

Kubota is assembled here, and the engine and a few other components are made in Japan, but that is it. Everything else on my mower is American made. As far as stihl, they are manufactured in Germany and Virginia. As far as redmax, they are made in both Japan and America. For me its more about buying a quality product, and that is definitely not chinese made power equipment.

Richard Martin
01-24-2010, 04:13 PM
Kubota is assembled here, and the engine and a few other components are made in Japan, but that is it. Everything else on my mower is American made. As far as stihl, they are manufactured in Germany and Virginia. As far as redmax, they are made in both Japan and America. For me its more about buying a quality product, and that is definitely not chinese made power equipment.

But where do the corporate profits go? I would rather have a arm cut off than choose to send a dime to Japan. If I buy a foreign made porduct with a foreign name on it it's only because there in no comparable American product available. Wanna really know why this country of ours is in so much trouble? It's because we manufacture so few of our own products anymore. We are too willing to work for the Japanese, the Germans or the Chinese. What is wrong with you people?

integrityman
01-24-2010, 05:08 PM
After reading the original questions rebel asked I am not seeing anyone answering them all. We are seeing guys say No they would not buy one but no one is saying why?

Please read post 16 under this thread......

Total Grounds Maintenance
01-24-2010, 05:31 PM

Yeah JAPAN not communist job stealing low quality control, poison us Americans (and our kids) money grubbing China.

No I would not buy them. The steel is cheap and some of the $$$ goes towards an opressive government. I would rather loose a couple grand a year to keep jobs and FREEDOM alive.

I pledge allegiance to my Flag,
and to the Republic for which it stands:
one Nation indivisible,
With Liberty and Justice for all.

October 11, 1892

NEWGUYRI
01-24-2010, 05:32 PM
But where do the corporate profits go? I would rather have a arm cut off than choose to send a dime to Japan. If I buy a foreign made porduct with a foreign name on it it's only because there in no comparable American product available. Wanna really know why this country of ours is in so much trouble? It's because we manufacture so few of our own products anymore. We are too willing to work for the Japanese, the Germans or the Chinese. What is wrong with you people?

personally speaking I totally agree with what you said. But, I would much rather support an american company-made in america, however I find its ok to buy kubota because they are great machines, and just because the company is foreign, they support americans, because most things they make are made in america.

Richard Martin
01-24-2010, 06:01 PM
personally speaking I totally agree with what you said. But, I would much rather support an american company-made in america, however I find its ok to buy kubota because they are great machines, and just because the company is foreign, they support americans, because most things they make are made in america.

Apparently you DON'T agree with what I wrote or you wouldn't feel that it's okay to buy a Kubota just because it's a "great" machine. If you agreed with what I wrote you would never have bought the Kubota in the first place. Lot's of people justify their reasons for supporting foreign countries. You're just another one of them. You might as well just send a check right on over to Tokyo while you're at it.

NEWGUYRI
01-24-2010, 06:09 PM
I would rather buy a foreign product made in the states, than a domestic product made in America. And BTW from looking through your threads, it seems you are a bit of a hypocrite on your stance.

Richard Martin
01-24-2010, 07:02 PM
I would rather buy a foreign product made in the states, than a domestic product made in America. And BTW from looking through your threads, it seems you are a bit of a hypocrite on your stance.

How do you figure? The only foreign stuff I buy is those that I don't have a choice with. Let an American company build a commercial handheld piece of equipment and I'll buy it.

Turf Dawg
01-24-2010, 08:41 PM
I can understand why some of the American companies are sending work overseas though. A lot of the American workers are lazy. They think they should do just enough to keep a job and then gripe the whole time about needing more money and need to be doing less.
Also if I remember right Briggs [or Simplicity] owns Ferris and Snapper. The Briggs company closed down a plant in the states, Wisconsin I think, and moved it to China.

Green King
01-25-2010, 09:51 AM
Not sure if I would buy one or not. So many products that we use already come from china even though we thought they were built elsewhere.

MikeKle
01-25-2010, 10:00 AM
I looked at their website, and was wondering if their gear drive WBs have true reverse?

Turf Dawg
01-25-2010, 10:22 AM
I looked at their website, and was wondering if their gear drive WBs have true reverse?

The 28 and the 33 I have seen and they did not have a reverse on the trans. I am almost positive that the 36 up has a reverse, but I have only had a couple of belt drives that the reverse worked well on. The 33 I looked at was not built as heavy as the brand names but it seemed to be built better than the Troybilt, Sutech and Billy Goats were and the cut was good. The 33 was light enough that it really did not a reverse.

Total Grounds Maintenance
01-25-2010, 10:18 PM
How do you figure? The only foreign stuff I buy is those that I don't have a choice with. Let an American company build a commercial handheld piece of equipment and I'll buy it.

I am with you brother!!! I am buying a ton of equipment this year and I am going out of my way to verify the origin. I kid you not on this. I am sick and tired of everyone trying to save a dollar and then actually costing this (no let me rephrase that) OUR country 3 dollars. I will proudly post all my equipment in my profile this season.

How about the Canadians getting their panties in a wad when some companies wanted to push the MADE IN THE USA on their products. Our government stepped in and told them now is not a good time!!!!!!!! I think someone ought to make some power equipment in the USA and paint the stuff all RED, WHITE AND BLUE and with stars and stripes on it too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MONTE
01-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Our gov. is why you won't see any american hand held manufacturing.

MONTE
01-26-2010, 08:16 PM
I think I know were this question is going.

scagrider22
01-26-2010, 08:24 PM
I think I know were this question is going.

LOL he must have bought one?

Turf Dawg
01-26-2010, 08:50 PM
I was thinking that maybe they are built in China but owned by a USA company.

MONTE
01-26-2010, 09:28 PM
I know rebel personally worldlawn does not build anything big enough for him.

WREBELMACHINE
01-27-2010, 07:12 PM
No I do not have one.

I posted the question for a reason. I am not real interested in a china product however this machine is better built than what I thought it would be. However I asked the question expecting a lot of bashing because it is a china product which there was some bashing of it. The interesting thing is this of those who bashed it because it was a china product how many of you are running equipment that is built in china. Examples are Stihl Husky Redmax Tanaka hand held products built in china.

Some may not know they are using a china built machine. But if you have just found out that you are running one does this change your opinion of that machine?

Nes-Tech
01-28-2010, 07:49 AM
As a Wright dealer, I know for a fact there are lots of components that are "made in china" I would think it is impossible to find a North American built machine with all North American parts on it.
Interesting how Japan has a much better reputation than China. Kawasaki engines are Japanese owned and built in the USA. Honda engines are Japanese owned and built in Japan. they both seem to have a great following. Just my .02:canadaflag:

scagrider22
01-28-2010, 08:18 AM
As a Wright dealer, I know for a fact there are lots of components that are "made in china" I would think it is impossible to find a North American built machine with all North American parts on it.
Interesting how Japan has a much better reputation than China. Kawasaki engines are Japanese owned and built in the USA. Honda engines are Japanese owned and built in Japan. they both seem to have a great following. Just my .02:canadaflag:

Honda engines may be Japanese owned but they are def not built in Japan there are many Honda manufacturing plants here in Ohio.

Nes-Tech
01-28-2010, 09:17 AM
Honda engines may be Japanese owned but they are def not built in Japan there are many Honda manufacturing plants here in Ohio.

Noted, Some are assembled in Japan.

MONTE
01-28-2010, 11:30 AM
From what I uderstood honda has a plant in china.

rebel makes a good point. many of us are using china built equipment wether we know it or not.

mjstef
04-07-2011, 12:56 AM
Was at Home Cheapo the other day and for the hell of it flipped the seat up on a Toro Timecutter. Low and behold, the hydro's said made in china. Go figure...................