PDA

View Full Version : Design Software - What do you recommend?

trailboss
05-29-2002, 10:14 PM
I have been searching for an inexpensive design program, and I am having a tough time. There are alot out there that are 3D type programs but I am looking for just a simple drafting style landscape design program. Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

AGLA
05-30-2002, 06:12 AM
If you are looking for a straight 2d drafting program that is not landscape specific, Intellicad is good. It is almost a clone of Autocad that sells for under $200. It does not have plant symbols or other landscape symbols, but you can make your own if you have a little cad experience. If you don't have any cad experience, it will be a big learning curve.
Landcadd uses this as their stand alone cad engine. If you go with Landcadd, I suggest that you start only with Landscape Design because the other modules will probably not be necessary.

DaveK
07-03-2002, 12:16 AM
Check out www.givemepower.com (http://www.givemepower.com) for a FREE version of PowerCAD LT.

Can use PowerCad or AutoCAD interface (look and feel).

Like AGLA said, as with any REAL cad program "If you don't have any cad experience, it will be a big learning curve."

Can't beat the price though.