PDA

View Full Version : Designing...and building my own lawn trailer

ramcat
01-23-2010, 07:33 PM
Alright so i have a few initial ideas...but want a few of yours possibly to make it work...we have a 3/4 ton truck with a ez dumper in the back want to somehow ramp the trailer so we can back right on the truck and dump?? don't know if thats really a good idea but im trying to make the trailer with productivity in mind. We don't do a lot of bagging so its not that important and we need 18 feet of bed to park the tractors on. Just was wondering what you guys think, what would you like to see in a lawn trailer?

mowerbrad
01-23-2010, 07:54 PM
First off, I have seen a couple pics on here of a trailer that has the ramp that goes right into the back of a pickup, cool idea for certain mowers.

What I would like to see in a lawn trailer....trailer should have 20 feet of deck space, should have a dovetail on the back, some type of gate lift assist system on the gates, the gates should be the split type, I'd also put a tong box on the front, have all the needed racks (ie, trimmer, blower, water cooler, tool rack), make sure everything is heavy duty and built to last, and have the e-track tie down system on it.

MJB
01-23-2010, 07:54 PM
You could just make a ramp that fold down from the front of the trailer to the dump bed. I had one that I used with a Walker mower the ramp was only 48" wide and long enough to catch the back of the bed. Very easy to make and works great. Just pin it back up when not in use.

ramcat
01-24-2010, 12:14 PM
what is the e-trak tie down system....sounds like something i would be very interested in.....hate strapping the tractor for a ten minute ride.

mowerbrad
01-24-2010, 03:09 PM
An e-track tie down system still uses straps and requires you to strap down the equipment but it is much easier than some of the other ways.

Here is a link to them.... http://www.awdirect.com/ancra-international-e-track-tie-down-solution-horizontal-green-powder-coated-steel-48117-25-060/cargo-straps-and-accessories/

doubleedge
01-24-2010, 06:18 PM
For strapping down mowers quickly, I prefer fastraps (http://www.trailerracks.com/fastrap.html).

mowerbrad
01-24-2010, 07:14 PM
Those fast straps are no faster than the e-tracks. The e-tracks just a universal strapping system, so you can use them for anything you need to strap down on your trailer. The fast straps have to be mounted in a single location, so your stuff has to be kept in the same spot all the time.