PDA

View Full Version : Howdy.

JakeLewis79
01-23-2010, 10:03 PM
Hello.

I'm Jake Lewis. I drive set of doubles from Springfield, IL, to Michigan City, IN, 5 nights week for my job.

I only take care of my mother-in-law's 2 properties. But, I figured I'd at least register a company name and a DBA and put some graphics on my truck and trailer along with my phone number in case somebody sees me in the area and wants an estimate. I REALLY don't want to get into this full time, but would love to pick up a few extra properties in the vicinity for a little extra cash flow.

If I do get more properties, I think my wife would take a pay cut and quit her full time job that doesn't pay much, to mow 1 or 2 days a week while the kids are in school (or just leave the kids at grandma's during summer break) and spend more time at home with the kids.

I've been lurking on here for a couple months and for the most part like the site.

BearWise Landscapers
01-25-2010, 11:38 AM
Welcome to the website, Jake. Let me know if you have any insurance questions before you pick up your new accounts.

Good Luck!

JakeLewis79
01-25-2010, 01:01 PM
I forgot to mention anything about insurance in my original post. I have talked to my insurance guy and he has a 500k liability policy set up for me when I'm ready for it. I don't need it now, as I'm only doing the in-law's properties. However, we'll get that ball rolling if I pick up any more accts.

mikkinosweat
01-25-2010, 05:13 PM
Welcome to the site and Good Luck with your venture!

Cummins343
01-25-2010, 05:15 PM
You work for UPS?

JakeLewis79
01-26-2010, 05:17 AM
Welcome to the site and Good Luck with your venture!

Thank you. Some good info in here.

You work for UPS?

No, I work for Gordon Food Service.