PDA

View Full Version : Bulk Supplies and waste

srl28
01-24-2010, 12:29 AM
Not sure if this is in the right thread but here goes- Who here buys mulch in bulk and has it delivered to their yard in say 100 yrd loads. Looking to buy in bulk, so..looking for pics of mulch bins and setup. Also about how much are you paying per yard for mulches when purchased in these quantities...

Also anyone who composts their leaves from the fall, stockpiles brush, any other green waste, etc, post pics of your bins or how you go about either storing or recycling this stuff.

echeandia
01-24-2010, 09:48 AM
We go right to the landfill with all of our debris.

lawnMaster5000
01-25-2010, 01:21 PM
The type of mulch and obviously the weight associated will regulate the load size. I purchase Double Ground Hardwood mulch in 75 yd loads. Sometimes if the mulch is dry they can put a bit more in. Delivered to our yard including delivery the mulch is usually about 60% of of what I would pay the supplier if our guys were picking it up.

So not only is it more convenient to have the mulch in our yard it is significantly cheaper for the product itself. The downside is that you have to have a loader in your yard all the time and must have the space for a bin. I don't have a bin, but I have space so we just have a big pile.

B. L. Landscaping
02-07-2010, 04:09 PM
get some mafia blocks to make your bin alot nicer to have it at the shop even with my supplier five miles away. think we paid 16 a yard for hardwood and picked it up ourselves with the semi

srl28
02-07-2010, 04:21 PM
My supplier is about 3 miles away from our shop, if that, but its the ease of having it there as well as the potential for buying in bulk and saving some bucks.