PDA

View Full Version : ExMark Lazer Z XS

Lawnut101
01-24-2010, 06:12 AM
Hey, what is an ExMark Lazer Z XS 25hp Kubota Diesel with a 66" Triton deck and 360hrs worth?? Not sure of the year.

Also, how is the triton deck for cutting? I know it HAD a lot of problems, but does it still?

Thanks

jtkplc
01-24-2010, 09:29 AM
I've got experience with both a 66" and 72" Triton and have no problems with cut quality. I have always felt that the cut quality was better than the 60" Ultracut we used to have.

Maybe worth around $8,000?? Just a guess though.

Lawnut101
01-24-2010, 04:45 PM
I've got experience with both a 66" and 72" Triton and have no problems with cut quality. I have always felt that the cut quality was better than the 60" Ultracut we used to have.

Maybe worth around $8,000?? Just a guess though.

Thanks for the help. That's what I was figuring for price too. I just haven't heard much lately about how they cut and stuff.

I have another question for you: What is your real world productivity with a 66"? I am bidding on some fairly open jobs.

ToroLandscaper
01-24-2010, 11:11 PM
A couple people around here that have a Triton has said they were nightmarish, however I have also talked to a couple guys who have a Triton deck and have not had any problems. I have personally never used a Triton and only ever used the ultra cut deck, and have absolutely no complaints.

SangerLawn
01-25-2010, 01:31 AM
We loved our triton deck. We bought 2 new mowers this year from a different company and I immediately noticed a difference.

If you do a lot of residential I wouldn’t buy anything larger then a 60 inch. But if you have a lot of larger properties then yes…the larger deck will make a major difference.

Lawnut101
01-25-2010, 02:10 AM
We loved our triton deck. We bought 2 new mowers this year from a different company and I immediately noticed a difference.

If you do a lot of residential I wouldn’t buy anything larger then a 60 inch. But if you have a lot of larger properties then yes…the larger deck will make a major difference.

I am bidding on some larger properties that are fairly wide open. I already have a 52" Z for smaller residentials. It fits them all nicely.

jtkplc
01-25-2010, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the help. That's what I was figuring for price too. I just haven't heard much lately about how they cut and stuff.

I have another question for you: What is your real world productivity with a 66"? I am bidding on some fairly open jobs.

On large, open properties I would think between 4-5 acres/hour. Also one thing that slowed my 66" down was the 30hp Kohler that didn't have enough power to get through the real heavy stuff and caused me to slow down.

Lawnut101
01-25-2010, 01:14 PM
On large, open properties I would think between 4-5 acres/hour. Also one thing that slowed my 66" down was the 30hp Kohler that didn't have enough power to get through the real heavy stuff and caused me to slow down.

Thanks a lot for the help. I have been figuring a little less than that for bidding purposes. I really appreciate it. I don't think I would have a problem losing power with a 25hp Kubota Diesel. It should have plenty of torque. Is this mower able to cut damp/wet grass with the Triton? Or does it have to be completely dry?

jtkplc
01-25-2010, 01:41 PM
Thanks a lot for the help. I have been figuring a little less than that for bidding purposes. I really appreciate it. I don't think I would have a problem losing power with a 25hp Kubota Diesel. It should have plenty of torque. Is this mower able to cut damp/wet grass with the Triton? Or does it have to be completely dry?

My experience cutting damp/wet grass is that it doesn't effect cut quality except at higher speeds where the tires lay the grass down and it doesn't have enough time or enough vacuum to cut it good. The Triton still has clumping problems, not as bad as the Ultracut, but enough to make it annoying. The dryer the grass you're cutting the better.

Lawnut101
01-25-2010, 06:15 PM
My experience cutting damp/wet grass is that it doesn't effect cut quality except at higher speeds where the tires lay the grass down and it doesn't have enough time or enough vacuum to cut it good. The Triton still has clumping problems, not as bad as the Ultracut, but enough to make it annoying. The dryer the grass you're cutting the better.

Sounds pretty much like any mower except for Scag. Those are supposed to cut wet grass pretty good. I have heard a lot about the Ultracut clumping up when it is wet. Does the Triton clump with dry thick grass? It seems like I should disperse pretty good due to the design of the baffles.

jtkplc
01-25-2010, 06:27 PM
Sounds pretty much like any mower except for Scag. Those are supposed to cut wet grass pretty good. I have heard a lot about the Ultracut clumping up when it is wet. Does the Triton clump with dry thick grass? It seems like I should disperse pretty good due to the design of the baffles.

Dispersal when dry is great. Part of not clumping is having a large enough engine that will keep the blades from slowing down, thus keeping the flow of grass constant.

EDEN77
01-26-2010, 12:03 PM
Have used an Exmark 66" with the Triton deck for 2 seasons. I only mulch with it. When dry, no problem. When too wet, I have to double-cut. The mower and the deck haven't given me any problems at all.

Lawnut101
01-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Have used an Exmark 66" with the Triton deck for 2 seasons. I only mulch with it. When dry, no problem. When too wet, I have to double-cut. The mower and the deck haven't given me any problems at all.

Thanks for the helpful bit of info.

Lawnut101
01-26-2010, 11:20 PM
Dispersal when dry is great. Part of not clumping is having a large enough engine that will keep the blades from slowing down, thus keeping the flow of grass constant.

That makes a lot of sense. Well I am probably gonna consider buying one then if I get the work for it.