PDA

View Full Version : Start up questions????

chevyguy$$
01-24-2010, 12:45 PM
Start up questions???? Does anyone kno where or who to go to start up my lawn care business LLC this lawyer want $700 i think thats a little high all opinions welcome thanks guys

New2TheGreenIndustry
01-24-2010, 12:56 PM
700 does seem high. Here in GA it is around 4-500. Not sure if you want to go the internet route but I heard an ad for "the company corporation"...I think their website is www.incorporate.com. They have different package options.

chevyguy$$
01-24-2010, 01:06 PM
700 does seem high. Here in ga it is around 4-500. Not sure if you want to go the internet route but i heard an ad for "the company corporation"...i think their website is www.incorporate.com. They have different package options.

thanks.....

TJ LAWN
01-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Start up questions???? Does anyone kno where or who to go to start up my lawn care business LLC this lawyer want $700 i think thats a little high all opinions welcome thanks guys

I dont know about Ohio....But in Michigan you can do it yourself...Go to your states web site and download the forms...

TJ LAWN
01-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Legalzoom.com is another option.....If you go with one of these websites...Go with the basic package..They will try to suck you into all sorts of things..

SangerLawn
01-24-2010, 02:43 PM
Legalzoom.com is another option.....If you go with one of these websites...Go with the basic package..They will try to suck you into all sorts of things..

we use legalzoom for alot of stuff. fast, simple, and cheap :)

ferris09
01-24-2010, 03:59 PM
I used my CPA, he did it all, forms. filings, searches, everything for $350.00

xclusive
01-24-2010, 05:32 PM
Like some others suggested use legalzoom. You can prob do it all yourself. Just go to your states business portal website and everything should be there

chevyguy$$
01-24-2010, 06:46 PM
Thanks guys good advice i will check everything out......

chevyguy$$
01-24-2010, 06:54 PM
Does anybody kno about geting a website and email with your business so how would i see if anybody have my name i want 2 use????

hammanservicesllc
01-24-2010, 08:25 PM
I set up my LLC by myself last spring. Go to the Secretary of State website. All the forms and info is there. I even called them to make sure I was doing everything right. They were very helpful. Keep in mind you also have to get a vendor license and a Federal Tax Id Number. Good luck!

dryguy
01-25-2010, 02:11 PM
Go to search and type in Secretary of State (your state) go to the area for LLC forms, down load form file it with them for $150 they will mail back your filed document.

echeandia
01-25-2010, 11:49 PM
You may want to try another lawyer who should have a better price. There have been several times when I had a question that I thought would be better answered by an attorney than the good people here on lawnsite :waving:. So I sent it to my lawyer, who set up my LLC, and got my question answered free of charge.

sweetland
01-26-2010, 12:03 AM
I went through my secretary of state also. They usually have a chart that shows you step by step what how to become a leggit business and become an LLC or INC or CO anything you want. Just call and they should e-mail it to you

l3en007
01-26-2010, 09:49 AM
Does anybody kno about geting a website and email with your business so how would i see if anybody have my name i want 2 use????

I will build your website if you would like. My website is www.bluelawns.com.
I can take care of everything for you as far as the domain name, and website design...
shoot me an email at ben@bluelawns.com

HARRIS Property Management
01-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Do you have any jobs yet Chevy or is all this pre-planning type stuff?

randyhutch
01-26-2010, 04:57 PM
You'd be crazy not to do it yourself. I just setup mine and it cost me $76 to get my LLC all the official documents, EIN# and the right to conduct business in another state. It really was simple just download the forms.

chevyguy$$
01-26-2010, 09:16 PM
Do you have any jobs yet Chevy or is all this pre-planning type stuff?
NO JOBS YET :cry:BUT IN A COUPLES MONTHS IM GOING DOOR 2 DOOR TRYING TO GET CLIENTS...ANY ADVICE

chevyguy$$
01-26-2010, 09:21 PM
you'd be crazy not to do it yourself. I just setup mine and it cost me $76 to get my llc all the official documents, ein# and the right to conduct business in another state. It really was simple just download the forms.

whats the website.....and what about a tax id and domain name...

randyhutch
01-26-2010, 09:42 PM
you need a LLC first then you can go onto irs.gov and create your ein number in minutes online. If you go to your state goverment site most of them have what is needed for a new business startup and they will give you a check list of things needed to do along with all of the links to do them. I did my domain name on just host and I think they are one of the best. If I can help anymore let me know.

AdamChrap
01-26-2010, 10:24 PM
WE use Legalzoom.com for a lot.

echeandia
01-26-2010, 10:33 PM
I have a book titled How To Start A Home Based Landscaping Business by Owen Dell. In it he talks about what you need and what you can expect as the operator of a landscaping business. I recommend you get a copy. It is available on Amazon.

chevyguy$$
01-26-2010, 11:13 PM
i have a book titled how to start a home based landscaping business by owen dell. In it he talks about what you need and what you can expect as the operator of a landscaping business. I recommend you get a copy. It is available on amazon.

ok i will thanks....

berrlawn
01-26-2010, 11:24 PM
I also went through my CPA. He did everything for filing as a Sub chapter S corporation. That way it keeps your business and personal finances seperate if you were ever to get sued. It also avoids double taxation. For the business name you can google trade names that are already established. Your state should have a record of that also. One's that are filed that is. Hope it helped. You can also do it for slogans and so on. Once you put a trademark on it, it is your's!!!!!

whitebp1
01-27-2010, 12:59 AM
get estimates from several attourney's i prefer to use an attourney because its personable and you always have someone to rely on for info such as that as opposed to using an online service. a good CPa can do the same as several others have mentioned. not only could an attourny offer and do this service for you but they could also aid in drawing up contracts and other legal documents for your business as needed which in the long run will develope a better relationship and be less of a hassle rather than having serveral companies doing different things that just one person could do for you. plus dont forget... attourney's know LOTS of people who need lots of work done.... now go out and make a new friend!!!

letzgoblues
01-27-2010, 09:51 AM
Everything you need can be done off the internet. You can downloard all the forms for around $100.
Good luck