PDA

View Full Version : Realtime Landscape Pro - Ideaspectrum

hblanddesign27
01-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Hey guys,
Anyone had any extended experience with this program. I am a small time landscaper who would like to get my small scale ideas across to my clients. For me, the lower cost is worth a less powerful program. Has anyone worked with this program and would like to put a little review forth? :clapping:
Thanks,
Kevin

electronics2667
01-26-2010, 11:40 AM
I am not putting down Realtime Landscaping Pro. But i am a small landscaping & Lawn Company also, but i found out Pro Landcsape is better, but it is a little pricey though, but well worth the price.

hblanddesign27
01-26-2010, 11:56 AM
Cool, thank you for the feedback.

Have you used both Realtime and Pro Landscaper? I actually was thinking of buying the realtime landscape architect, not pro, which I think is what you probably assumed I was refering to anyways. If you have used both, or have heard from others who have, what are some differences?

electronics2667
01-26-2010, 01:40 PM
yes i have use both & Pro Landscape is still my favorite

hblanddesign27
01-26-2010, 02:08 PM
are there any features or options that are not available with Realtime, or is it overall quality of images?

electronics2667
01-26-2010, 02:41 PM
when you buy the last version they will send you a update on the next version, or that is the way they done me. i bought mine in Dec. of 07 & got the update in Feb. of the next year. It has alot of several diff. things such as retaining walls, bar-g grills,10,000 to 15,000 different plants & alot of other different things. Like i said before it is worth the money. I paid for my in my first project. I tis easey to use also you don't need any cad software to go with it. I think you will be happy with it i am.

rexxxy
01-29-2010, 04:13 AM
what brand of hardscape material do is use..unilock?

jlouki01
03-01-2010, 01:50 AM
I'm sorry but you can't beat the price of Realtime Landscape Architect at 250 for the best version compared to 1400 for Pro Landscape it's a no brainer. We bought Realtime this year instead of continuing hand drawings. The 3d couldn't be any simpler.

The best part is they give you a REAL trial package to work with. Not a video of someone else doing it.. I needed to see if I was smart enough to work the dag on thing.

I put this together for a guy here on the board tonight. Didn't take long at all and if you can't sell jobs off this something is wrong.

Pro will only do 3d. You need architect to 2d.. Sounds backwards but it is what it is..

Dreams To Designs
03-01-2010, 06:16 PM
That image doesn't look bad, but as you said, it's a simple program. Pro Landscape is a much more detailed and advanced program including CAD for drafting, true 3D flyover for both CAD and imaging and even includes a proposal generator.

Any time you can use an image to assist a client in understanding the intention of your design, it's definitely a good thing, as long as it's a well planned, sustainable design. Whether hand drawing or using CAD as a digital pencil, your plan should be more a source of information and instruction rather than lone presentation tool.

Kirk

jlouki01
03-02-2010, 11:40 AM
It also has cad and most of the stuff Pro Landscape has. That's what makes this software so ridiculous for the money!

esnipe8
03-03-2010, 12:21 AM
I have been using Realtime for a couple of years. For the price it is awesome. It is very easy to use, and you can do quite a bit. The version I bought came with Realtime Photo and Realtime Picture editor. I only use the editor to convert things into TGA format, then import it into the Architect suite. In the next few years I would like to upgrade to Dynascape, but that is a big price jump.

AztlanLC
03-03-2010, 11:30 AM
I also think real time landscape architect is the best option for the cost, you can design in 3d, 2d (cad style) and also have the list of materials, you can import any type of pavers you want to use as long as your manufacturer has the textures, objects from sketchup like the outdoor kitchens from harmony, etc. el dorado stone veneer textures as well and so many options.

yamadooski
03-04-2010, 07:16 AM
You better know landscape design and all plant info first. YOu cant just go buy a design program and be called a landsaper and designer.
I heard Pro has a lot of mis named plants and trees.
They call a roebellinii a sago for example. So you might look stupid in front of your customer if you tell them the name of the plants from the pro library.
There is an idiot around here that is calling Ananida Merrellii or Christmas Palm a Foxtail palm. I didnt get the job because I insisted what they had was a Christmas palm. They really believed the other guy and went with him. Now all of their landscaping is wiped out from the cold winter we had. Yet they asked their neighbor whey their plants didnt die and they said "because yamadooski told us what to do during a hard freeze" They told me the look they had on their face was priceless. Needless to say I might get a phone call and then Im going to tell those liberal morons to go blow.

shovelracer
03-10-2010, 08:43 AM
plant list on Realtime Architect is a little funky as well. There is little flow to it. Search option helps, but say you are looking for a japonica spiraea, you might find it in no less than 4 different places. I still am finding new plants today. I have found 1 error with the stair builder that shuts down the program, and the pictures are not super realistic. My biggest problem is that there is no season, all plants are flowering in the pics, then the client may not understand why it isnt really that way. Overall best program for the money. If nothing else the 2D photo and CAD potions are well worth it for most projects. The 3d is cool, but if you aren't getting paid for your design time do not even offer it. You can easily drop 20 hrs into a decent sized 3d rendering. A real hard sell unless you are talking about 100K + jobs.

Budlightshooter
03-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Dynascapes......easy and fun to use, dont have the 3-d but i dont need it, the drawings speak for themselves....AMAZING

Dreams To Designs
03-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Bls, do you design for homeowners, business owners or installers? As hokey as 3D imaging can be, I've found most clients get a better understanding of your design intention than with just a plan. Most homeowners and many installers I've encountered have a tough time understanding a plan drawing, but with an image whether it be Pro Landscape, Google Sketchup or another imaging program is a great presentation tool. Hand drawings will always exude a more artistic feeling, but are you selling drawings or landscapes? The real art is in the landscape.

Kirk

electronics2667
03-16-2010, 10:50 AM
I do it all, i have had many many customers ask for 3d imagies where they can tell what the landscape will look like in 5,10 even 15 years down the road.I won more bids with Pro Landscape than any other software,:weightlifter::laugh: have 3 diff. softwares. (won10) jobs with Pro Landscape (Business) & 25 (Restidenal)

Budlightshooter
03-23-2010, 12:53 PM
Bls, do you design for homeowners, business owners or installers? As hokey as 3D imaging can be, I've found most clients get a better understanding of your design intention than with just a plan. Most homeowners and many installers I've encountered have a tough time understanding a plan drawing, but with an image whether it be Pro Landscape, Google Sketchup or another imaging program is a great presentation tool. Hand drawings will always exude a more artistic feeling, but are you selling drawings or landscapes? The real art is in the landscape.

Kirk

I sell to all three..... i can whip out an amazing product in little time. 3-d is nice but the feedback i get/hours put into that makes it not worth the time... my porfolio speaks for itself and that right there is the second best tool i have. In the last three days i have sold over 100k$ on three jobs. 2 of which were the higher bid. Its all about execution and being able to guide them through the plans. I have used pro in the past and this by far blows it out of the water.

I have even had the homeowner put out the "other" guys pro pics and their comment is that it looks cartoony, but not professional. You get what you pay for, and if you can afford to drop the money i say do it, and get the site capture for your pda, i can go to a job punch in the measurments to my pda and go back to the office and i have my base map done already.......