PDA

View Full Version : John Deere XT140SLBE split boom

mowerdude777
01-24-2010, 09:42 PM
Is this any good my dealer has one for 200 brand new I am seriously considering buying it. It will be used as a tiller, spare edger, and hedge trimmer If I dont get this one they have sthil kombi units as well

mowerbrad
01-24-2010, 10:31 PM
The deere handhelds never had a good reputation and never really was popular, which is why they don't make them anymore (or have them made for them). I would go with the stihl kombi, I've had mine for almost a year now and love it.

mowerdude777
01-25-2010, 03:37 PM
The deere handhelds never had a good reputation and never really was popular, which is why they don't make them anymore (or have them made for them). I would go with the stihl kombi, I've had mine for almost a year now and love it.

My issue is that the sthil is quite a bit more money then th deere

mowerbrad
01-25-2010, 05:03 PM
Do you have enough money to purchase the stihl, or is your budget only permitting the deere unit? Deere handhelds didn't have the reputation that stihl has. One of my old neighbor's had some deere handhelds and pretty quickly switched over to stihl. Don't buy something just because of the price. But if it is what you want then go for it. My deere dealer also carries stihl, and even they would be pushing the stihl over the deere.

mowerdude777
01-25-2010, 06:14 PM
Do you have enough money to purchase the stihl, or is your budget only permitting the deere unit? Deere handhelds didn't have the reputation that stihl has. One of my old neighbor's had some deere handhelds and pretty quickly switched over to stihl. Don't buy something just because of the price. But if it is what you want then go for it. My deere dealer also carries stihl, and even they would be pushing the stihl over the deere.

Not exactly I just have a lot that I want to purchse this year including a xbox 360 and laptop as well as a blower and mower then a truck next year so I would rather pay less

mowerbrad
01-25-2010, 06:47 PM
Then I think its totally up to you. If you want to save a little money then get the deere. I think you'll be happy with either unit, but in the long run I think the stihl will make you much happier. John Deere is a great brand (and this is coming from a big john deere fan) but I wouldn't trust their handhelds the same I would the stihl units.

mowerdude777
01-25-2010, 06:50 PM
Then I think its totally up to you. If you want to save a little money then get the deere. I think you'll be happy with either unit, but in the long run I think the stihl will make you much happier. John Deere is a great brand (and this is coming from a big john deere fan) but I wouldn't trust their handhelds the same I would the stihl units.

And it is not like I will use it a lot it will be a spare edger (my edger is fairly new) it will be a hedge trimmer ( I donot to that much hedg work) as well as a tiller (only needed a few times a year most likely ) so I may get the still sthil though

sawinredneck
01-25-2010, 07:14 PM
For pro use, and heavy home owner use, I wouldn't touch a JD power unit, edger or string trimmer with a ten foot pole!
Even for mild home owner use I would be hard pressed to recomend one to anyone! There are a LOT of reasons JD partnered with Sthil on the small equipment.

Jimslawncareservice
01-25-2010, 07:29 PM
is this for the trimmer plus all the attachments? or just the trimmer then buying the attachments?

i have had mine since 2007 and have had no problems with it. i have dropped several times and a helper put grass filled gas in it. i have the edger and the hedge trimmer. both work great as does the trimmer head.

mowerdude777
01-25-2010, 07:57 PM
is this for the trimmer plus all the attachments? or just the trimmer then buying the attachments?

i have had mine since 2007 and have had no problems with it. i have dropped several times and a helper put grass filled gas in it. i have the edger and the hedge trimmer. both work great as does the trimmer head.

No just the trimmer and one head