PDA

View Full Version : Truck Light Bars

Iowa Seeder
01-25-2010, 11:47 AM
Just checking to see what kind of Light bars or Strobe's you guy's use and why. Do most of you go with DOT class II or III. If you have pics that would be great. I need a to buy some for 2 trucks one pull behind seeder and one semi mounted seeder. Thanks.

ProTouch Groundscapes
01-26-2010, 11:21 AM
not sure on DOT regs, but around here if your not emergency services you are limited to using amber color only.

check out plowsite.com, theres more info over there about lighting and such. Whelen, Soundoff makes really good bars if your up to dropping the cash on them. Ive bought two bars off ebay, cheap Voltex led bars for our plow trucks. Theyve lasted the past two seasons really well and they usually run for hours on end and are really bright and have lots of flash patterns.

the one on my truck is a 27" bar and my brothers is a 37" bar.

MJM landscaping
01-26-2010, 01:01 PM
I've got 2 fullsize whelen bars. I really like them and the way they mount they use a strap that hides the wholes under the door rubber. They rubber feet on the roof. Once removed you can never tell it had a bar on it. Or mount them to a back rack of some sort. I can get pics if needed.

coopers
01-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Whelen makes a very nice emergency light product. We run all whelen on our patrol cars. VERY BRIGHT.