PDA

View Full Version : Cell-Tek Grid Product

JimLewis
01-25-2010, 08:00 PM
http://www.celltekdirect.com/solutions.asp

I see there are some older threads about this stuff here. But nothing for about the last 9-12 months. So has anyone had a chance to install this stuff last year? And what do you think?

What are the main advantages of using this product? Does it decrease labor in any way or mean that you don't need as much aggregate?

Also, what are the applications? Would you use this for every pathway and patio you installed? Or just the larger stuff like Large Patios, Driveways and Plazas?

Stonewall
02-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Jim,

Did you ever get any feedback about this? We're looking to do an arbel installation for a residential parking pad and the dealer is pushing this.

Jonathan

JimLewis
02-06-2010, 07:40 PM
No, I didn't. But honestly, I think this looks like a very good idea. I think I will probably start offering it as an option with my bids this year. So I'll give one bid without (just to be competitive) and another bid with this product included and then let the customer decide if they want to go the extra mile for stability. I think most people, given the small incremental cost would probably go for it - if it was a large patio or driveway.

Stonewall
03-17-2010, 11:12 PM
We're working on a Mega Arbel install with the Cell tek grid and I like it. This is one of our first paver jobs and the learning curve is steep for us, but our sales rep is helping us out a lot: James Vandeberg from East Texas Brick in Tyler, TX. He said we're one of the first in TX to use the Cell tek and Mega Arbel. It really seems to stabilize the base very well.

I'll try to get some pics up later.

JimLewis
03-18-2010, 12:38 AM
Sounds like you got some good local support. Once you and your guys have done a few more paver patios, it gets pretty easy after that. Good old hands on training is the best way to learn. Good thing your rep. is there to make sure you guys do it right.

Yah, it's always us newer guys who are interested in the newer technologies (like cell-tek). I've always been quick to jump on new technologies if they make sense. We were the first co. in our area to begin installing smart controllers on irrigation systems as standard practice. We were first for a lot of stuff like that. Mostly because I wasn't already set in my ways. A lot of guys who have been doing this for years see no need to improve and are happy with the way they've always done it. But being open minded and finding better ways to do something is a nice benefit sometimes. It helps single you out of the crowd. It has for us - I know that.