SWB extended cab - In steering stereo controls
6.0 Vortec engine - AM/FM CD Cass.
Auto - Charcoal cloth interior
Pwr. windows/door locks - Heat/air

Add ons:

Tool box
P.A. system with 80 horn tones
Sirius Satellite Radio
Custom seat covers in OEM matching fabric (seats are perfect underneath)
Husky molded plastic floor mats (custom fit)
Putnam XDR class 5 hitch receiver
Draw Tite Break controller
I also have a folding tonneau cover available.

Misc.
At 100K:
New breaks and tires (10 ply Firestone)
Transmission flush
New spark plugs and compressor belt
New starter/alternator (around 100K)

This has been a dependable truck. I bought it in 2007 with 80k miles (highway). Maintenance has been meticulous.

$11,500-

Please contact me with any questions, or if you'd like to see it in person.

Bryant

*** I also have a boatload of equipment that I'll be listing soon, so be sure to check back.

Items include:

Dump trailer - Lesco 300 gallon sprayer
Enclosed trailer - Stihl 420 backpack sprayer
18' open trailer - Little Wonder lawn vac
Hustler Super Z 66" with 12 HOURS! - Snapper 21" mower - Maybe more!

Thanks.

Oh yeah.....The extended cab doors got lettered with my business logo after the first shot, but I will have the lettering removed when the sale is complete.

scotlykins
01-27-2010, 10:37 AM
This truck has a Blue Book value of around $9500. Why are you asking so much.

I might be a buyer if it were reasonable.

bryant lawn & landscape
01-27-2010, 09:10 PM
A little story:

I decided early last year that I wanted a smaller truck to run errands,give bids, and occasionally leave at a job site for a second crew to run weed eaters out of. I have always liked the old mid-nineties box stlye Ford F-150's, so I figured I'd look for one of those. I scoured Craigslist, Lawnsite, Ebay.... you name it for months and months, and FINALLY, last month, I found the perfect truck on Ebay. An awesome '95 white 150 ...exactly want I wanted down to the color (interior too!). It also had less than 60k original miles!!! Everything else I had seen was beat up, worn out, and had triple the miles. I got excited and looked the truck up on Kelly Blue Book. It came out at around 2000. Well it was listed at 3000, so I called the guy and asked him why so much, and he explained that he knew the KBB value, but the truck belonged to his father that was 85 and couldn't drive anymore. Before losing his driving abilites he had only driven it to the hardware store, Wal Mart etc... and that he felt that KBB wasn't showing the whole picture. I told him that since he was in in Dallas, and I was in Memphis 450 miles away that I'd like to have the truck, but would need to fly there to pick it up.To make a short story long, I found an Airtran flight to Dallas for 99 dollars. I gave him $2900 for the truck, flew out and picked it up the next week, and have had no regrets for paying well over KBB. He even treated me to lunch at the place where they served "the best barbeque in Texas!"

All this rambling to say that KBB and NADA and the other books provide a general idea of the value of a vehicle. They don't differenciate between a truck that was well maintained, serviced, a generally taken care of, and one that some high school kid used to go mudding , pull tree stumps, never changed oil, and has bald tires etc.

It boils down to what it's worth to you. I bought this truck 2 years old with 80,000 miles on it. It had never even had a receiver hitch on it. The former owner was a salesman and ran it alot on the highway. I bought it added everything to it like tool box, brake controller, and everything I've listed and some I didn't, like a K&N air filter, rubber bed mat etc.... I've basically done lawn maintenance out of it. Since this is a work truck, it's been a tool I use to make my living, and I really like to take care of my tools. It's far from showroom quality, but your kids wouldn't be embarassed if you picked them up from school in it. The heaviest thing I pulled with it has been my 18' trailer full of leaves. It's a great truck. With all that said, let me know if you want to come down and pick it up. I'll treat you to "the best barbeque in Tennessee."

scotlykins
01-27-2010, 10:55 PM
Wonderfull tale. Albeit foolish.

It is obvious too me you still hold a special feeling for your truck. If it should wear off let me know.

bryant lawn & landscape
01-27-2010, 11:05 PM
Foolish? Give me a break. If you were really interested, you would at least make an offer instead of just trying to stir up sh#t. Now why don't you scurry over to bother the guy trying to sell an 03 single cab for 14,500. He hasn't had anyone try to disrespect him yet.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302760

scotlykins
01-27-2010, 11:39 PM
The "book" value on the truck is just under $9500, for a truck in excellent condition. Should the truck become available in that range, I am very interested.

I did not mean to insult you. I meant, It is foolish, to me at least, to pay more for a product than it is worth, regardless of the story.

The other truck has a plow and salt-spreader with it that did not interest me.

bryant lawn & landscape
01-28-2010, 12:16 AM
I agree that it's foolish to pay more for a product than what it's worth. If I were looking to purchase a vehicle at an auction, I would tend to lean on the generic "book" value to dictate it's value not having the opportunity to meet with or have any communication with the owner. However, if I did get a chance to communicate with the owner and ask questions I might find out some important information that could greatly affect the vehicle's value. Anyway, we just have different approaches. Everyone wants to get a good value for their purchase. I'll let you know if I decide to sell in your range.

zak406
01-28-2010, 12:23 AM
This truck has a Blue Book value of around $9500. Why are you asking so much.

I might be a buyer if it were reasonable.

This is becoming to be one of my pet peeves... I mean this with all due respect scotlykins, and this goes for everybody, if you feel a truck, mower, or trailer is over price don't post anything. If a product is that over priced no body will buy it and the price will eventually come down due to low interest. Bashing people because there price is to high does no good. *trucewhiteflag*

zak406
01-28-2010, 12:30 AM
btw bryant im not saying your price is to high. Just trying to set an example.. And nada and kbb mean nothing to me.

bryant lawn & landscape
01-28-2010, 12:51 AM
btw bryant im not saying your price is to high. Just trying to set an example.. And nada and kbb mean nothing to me.

I agree. There are lots of forums on Lawnsite to go to where you can exchange your thoughts opinions with other LCO's. The marketplace is not one of those. It's really nice to have a forum like this to network with a target audience you wouldn't otherwise be able to reach. I've bought and sold quite a few items on Lawnsite and have had nothing but great experiences with the folks I've actually done the exchanges with. In fact, I've developed some great business contacts, referrals, and even made a couple of real live friends here. By keeping this forum fact and information driven, I think everyone will come out ahead.

W.L.M.
01-28-2010, 12:58 AM
I agree that it's foolish to pay more for a product than what it's worth. If I were looking to purchase a vehicle at an auction, I would tend to lean on the generic "book" value to dictate it's value not having the opportunity to meet with or have any communication with the owner. However, if I did get a chance to communicate with the owner and ask questions I might find out some important information that could greatly affect the vehicle's value. Anyway, we just have different approaches. Everyone wants to get a good value for their purchase. I'll let you know if I decide to sell in your range.

I couldn't agree more

scotlykins
01-28-2010, 08:18 AM
This is becoming to be one of my pet peeves... I mean this with all due respect scotlykins, and this goes for everybody, if you feel a truck, mower, or trailer is over price don't post anything. Bashing people because there price is to high does no good.

The truck is being advertised in an open forum. If a seller does not want feedback on an item they should not advertise in such a venue.Just my two cents.

I, by no way, bashed the seller. I simply pointed out the KBB value for the truck is well over the asking price. My hope was, he may not have been aware of this fact, and would lower his price in line with the market. Wherefore I would be a buyer. But, I suspect, he knew fully his price was well above KBB.

By the way, this thread was buried five or six pages and headed for the, "forum graveyard", when I responded to it. At least it has remained on the front page for a couple of days, giving the ad more exposure.

scotlykins
01-28-2010, 08:49 AM

I disagree. A seller will only "Communicate" information which enhances the value or saleability of the vehicle. No seller is going to offer negative information regarding their vehicle which is not readily apparent upon visual inspection or in test driving. Therefore, I do not rely on "the story" to make a decision, nor should any prospective buyer who does not personally know the seller.

The "book values" exist to protect consumers, not the seller. Dealers tend to price higher than private party because they leave room to enhance a trade-in's value, or simply to catch an emotional (fool) buyer.

bryant lawn & landscape
01-28-2010, 09:30 AM
We all know about dealer markups. They're just out to make a buck. Most private sellers aren't trying to make a buck, but trying not to lose too many. If I've got the chance to talk to the owner of the vehicle, or mower, or anything for that matter I will go that rout every time. I can tell from talking with someone for about 30 seconds whether or not I will buy- and that's even before we talk about price. A person can really miss out on some good opportunities in life by not being able to think outside the "book". Anyway, I've got a truck for sale. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Jason Rose
01-28-2010, 10:36 AM
Take your "book" to a dealer an get them to give you for your trade in what the "book" says it's worth... Then go on the lot and find a truck and try to get them to sell it to you for what the "book" says it's worth. Good luck. That will only happen if the market is currently flooded with trucks and they are just trying to clear them off the lot. That's not the case right now at all in more areas. Vehicle prices are based on the market, supply and demand. Go ask a car salesman, they will gladly explain it. The blue book value only comes into play if it works into THEIR favor.

Unfortunately, from a sellers point of view, most people have been brainwashed into thinking that this magic book holds the exact value for every vehicle out there, and one must never deviate from it. Listen to people gloat when they buy a car for "under blue book". wtf does that even mean? not a whole lot.

Good luck in your sale bryant. it's a tough crowd on this site... this is why LS never allowed posts from other people on the for sale forum.

bryant lawn & landscape
02-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Thanks Jason. The truck is still for sale.

bryant lawn & landscape
02-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Bump......

michaelee2
02-08-2010, 09:33 PM
I think that is a good price for the truck even though it has a few miles. Looks like it was taken care of to me. I am thinking about buying a 2500 hd in the future and would like to find something about like this one. Look around and you will see this is a good price for the truck.

bryant lawn & landscape
02-13-2010, 08:53 AM
Bump........

kootoomootoo
02-13-2010, 09:22 AM

bryant lawn & landscape
02-13-2010, 09:23 AM
5000 what ???

mattfromNY
02-13-2010, 09:57 AM
I am always amazed at how clean the southern vehicles are, even with miles on them. That truck is beautiful. Especially looking out my window at all the salt covered vehicles passing my house this morning. I wash my trucks 2-3X/ week and it will be May before they look even close to that clean!!
Good luck with your sale, thats a nice truck.
Bump.

bryant lawn & landscape
02-13-2010, 09:58 AM
Thanks Matt.

don_don91
02-13-2010, 10:17 AM
i actually just bought almost the same exact truck from a dealer and it had about 10k more miles on it and i only paid $7700 for it.. bump it down..

don_don91
02-13-2010, 10:20 AM
but i do agree the truck seems to be in good shape. if i haven't have already found my truck i would be very interested good luck on the sale

bryant lawn & landscape
02-13-2010, 10:32 AM
Way to go dondon. Thanks..... I guess. wtf- Bump it up.

scotlykins
02-13-2010, 12:05 PM
My $9500 offer still stands.

It is book value for an excellent condition truck, assuming your is.

bryant lawn & landscape
02-13-2010, 07:43 PM
My $9500 offer still stands.

It is book value for an excellent condition truck, assuming your is.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

bryant lawn & landscape
02-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Still for sale......

bryant lawn & landscape
02-25-2010, 07:28 PM
Here's a couple of updated pics. I took the tool box off and replaced it with the tonneau cover. I also removed the seat covers to show off the seats.

bryant lawn & landscape
03-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Truck is still for sale. New price: $11,000

rcslawncare
03-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Nice truck, is it 3.73? and how many hours are on it?

bryant lawn & landscape
03-09-2010, 11:13 PM
Hey RCS. Sorry for the delay- I've been using a different truck for the past few days, I should be driving it tomorrow, and will let you know.

bryant lawn & landscape
03-10-2010, 07:10 PM
It's got the 4.10 gear ratio. 1740 hrs. 117k miles now.

rcslawncare
03-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Dang, wanting 3:73, but the hours are good. Ill keep it in mind it it is here in a month, wanting to get another truck in the spring!!

bryant lawn & landscape
03-14-2010, 10:11 PM
Still for sale

Self_Paid1
03-15-2010, 09:01 PM
Bump ttt
Posted via Mobile Device

bryant lawn & landscape
03-15-2010, 09:21 PM
What's up Paid?? Long time - no see. C'mon, tell these folks how clean this truck is....

bryant lawn & landscape
03-20-2010, 11:13 PM
still for sale

robertsturf
03-23-2010, 05:24 PM
I saw this truck myself last week when we swapped trailers very clean!!

bryant lawn & landscape
03-25-2010, 08:27 PM
I saw this truck myself last week when we swapped trailers very clean!!

Thanks Trent.