PDA

View Full Version : Winter Blues or....

Sean Adams
01-25-2010, 11:33 PM
I know it can be a little depressing for some business owners in this industry this time of the year. If you live in a cold climate zone and the snow is not falling, you have a tendency to become very familiar with all the soap operas and day time talk shows on TV.

Don't sweat it. Turn off the TV first of all. Second, look at the lack of snowfall as a blessing. Use this time of the year to prepare, plan and get ready for the upcoming season. Leave no stone unturned and prepare yourself for everything you know you are about to encounter.

Think of it like this....during the spring and summer when you are so overwhelmed, you have probably said to yourself....

"Where does all the time go? I can't get organized."

Now is that time. Use it wisely so the upcoming 2010 season is your best ever.

americanlawn
01-26-2010, 06:26 PM
Holy crap Sean -- most guys I know have the blues cuz they're sick of plowing snow, ice storms & 50 mph winds. :laugh:

I know many states are setting records for:
coldest temps
snow amounts
number of days with significant snow cover
number of ice storms
etc ...... so much for global warming :confused:

Most communities in our area exceeded their annual snow/ice budget weeks ago, and we're not done yet. Much of I-80 and I-35 are closed down as I type. Several deaths per state in this last storm too, and we've had many.

Currently our main concern is that we will most likely get a much later than normal start regarding lawn care. :cry:

We'd all prefer slingin' fert or cuttin' grass compared to getting our A$$es froze off. :laugh:

BTW we appreciate the Plow Site forum that Moose River provides. :usflag::canadaflag:

Anybody else feel the same way we do????

P.S. I have to admit I've seen more Jerry Springer shows than I ever had. :laugh: :laugh:

Drew Gemma
01-26-2010, 06:43 PM
I watch CNN from 6am till 6pm everyday while I am in the office how unproductive is that!

mowerdude777
01-26-2010, 06:59 PM
I defiantly have the winter blues but I am allready working towards next years advertising ideas just not much snow now that I have a new snowblower:mad:

DLAWNS
01-27-2010, 01:40 AM
I definitely have the winter blues also....I have plenty of office work to do but none of it is really a priority and I just need to get motivated. We only had one decent storm this winter.

White Gardens
01-27-2010, 03:37 AM
I'm with American Lawn, at least this year. We've had around 24 inches of snow this season.

It's been a crazy year for snow and ice, and I can't remember the last time we had a winter similar to this one. It just doesn't stop. Every time I think I'm catching a break, it turns around and snows again. We haven't had a massive storm so-to speak, but many nuisance snows and ice storms.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather be busy than sitting at home doing nothing, but being on-call 24-7 for emergency services can wear on you after a while when you are up for more than a day and trying to sleep at odd hours.