PDA

View Full Version : Side by side lawn photos post Primo Maxx.

KirbysLawn
05-30-2002, 05:49 PM
Well, I finally was able to get some good photos of the difference in turf with and without Primo Maxx. In the photos below the area to the left has been treated with Priom Maxx, the right is maintained my another very large LCO here.

As you can see from the photo the treated grass is MUCH thicker, stands straight, and looks much better. The non-treated grass in laying down and much thinner, the second photo shows how much thinner.

FYI, this lawn is one of my best customers and I treated his lawn for free, about 7k area. He came out yesterday raving about the treatment and stated for me to continue the apps as needed and send him the bill from now on.

Pardon the clippings, the other LCO mowed today and blew the clipping on my side. Hope this helps some of you in your decission making.

KirbysLawn
05-30-2002, 05:53 PM
Another

tremor
05-30-2002, 06:01 PM
Nice job Ray. I like that ball drop test. I think I'll be "borrowing" that one from you!

Steve

KirbysLawn
05-30-2002, 07:54 PM
Have at it. It's the best way I can think to show the difference. I could drop change on my lawn but it would not show up on the other. :D

joshua
05-31-2002, 12:31 AM
ray, how long does that work? i haven't used primo or any other pgrs ever. just wondering if it would be worth buying and using it on some hiller properties.

KirbysLawn
05-31-2002, 11:35 PM
All the materials say 4-6 weeks, so far so good.

OBRYANMAINT
06-05-2002, 07:33 AM
I have tried it on a few properties in the last week to ten days and have gotten the same results as kirby ....very favorable

I have noticed significant color change in the treated areas.....much darker green

rats5656
06-06-2002, 07:31 PM
what is this stuff you guys ae talking what does it doo ??????

tremor
06-06-2002, 07:37 PM
Hey Rats,

Check this thread.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28295

Steve

Pacific Nursery
06-17-2002, 12:42 AM
What could one expect, when using primo, as far as turf diseases?

KirbysLawn
06-20-2002, 12:28 AM
Made my first application on Zoysia today, we did a small test section and we shall see. I'll post photos in a few weeks.

Pacific, my understanding is that most problems that are there will continue, if you had leaf spot last year there is a chance you will have it again. I read that it could help preven some due to using less water and having healther turf but I can't find that info right now.

KirbysLawn
06-20-2002, 12:31 AM
I posted this in the main forum but since this is about side-by-side compairsions I thought I would add this here also. The photo below is the same spot as photoed at the top of the thread. We had 2 weeks with no rain and 90+ temps, as you can se the lawn with Primo survived much better than the non-treated section.

Pacific Nursery
06-20-2002, 10:10 AM
Could Primo be used this time of year, here in St. Louis (transition Zone) with good effects?