PDA

View Full Version : Start-up Legal Checklist

randyhutch
01-26-2010, 05:06 PM
So I am starting my own lawn care company and I wanted make sure I was legal. If you could please look at what I have done so far and let me know what I still need to do? At this time I will be the only employee.

Completed
Formed LLC and have all official documents to back it up.
Obtained an employee identification number EIN
Logo Made
Website Started
State License not Needed

Need to Do
Workers Compensation?
Business Insurance

SangerLawn
01-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Contact your local state police office to make sure you do not need to have dot numbers for your truck

echeandia
01-26-2010, 10:19 PM
How about a business license?

echeandia
01-26-2010, 10:21 PM
I see you have a website but you will also need a marketing plan.

whitebp1
01-27-2010, 12:51 AM
business plan
state/local business license
commercial auto insurance

mikkinosweat
01-27-2010, 02:12 AM
Don't forget the company Insurance!

goblingreen
01-27-2010, 02:26 AM
Contact your local state police office to make sure you do not need to have dot numbers for your truck

WOW you really have a hard on for the state police, wouldnt it make more sense to go to the county courthouse and talk to the people that actually provide you with the things you need than to go to the people that just enforce em?

randyhutch
01-27-2010, 09:22 AM
Guys I appreciate the advise but atleast read the post thread before replying? I put needed company insurance on things that I needed to do. I also stated that I did not need a state business license in my state. A business plan is already completed and includeds a marketing plant but it does not qualify as a legal issue.

Yes local business licenses may be needed thank you for that one, and dot numbers check.

echeandia
01-27-2010, 09:36 AM
Guys I appreciate the advise but atleast read the post thread before replying?... A business plan is already completed and includeds a marketing plant but it does not qualify as a legal issue.

I didn't know that a website and logo were legal issues that needed to be taken care of. Thanks for clearing that one up.

randyhutch
01-27-2010, 09:50 AM
Ha good point sorry for being rude its been a rough morning so far!

mikkinosweat
01-27-2010, 09:55 AM
Just trying to help. You know the saying measure twice, cut once!

randyhutch
01-27-2010, 11:14 AM
What taxes do I need to apply for?

I have applied for state sales tax and income tax, is there anything else needed for state tax purposed?

Do I apply for federal income tax, excise tax, and self employment tax? Is there any other taxes I need for a single employee being myself LLC?