PDA

View Full Version : enclose trailer: ramp vs barn door ?

JFGauvreau
01-26-2010, 04:55 PM
I'm looking to buy a enclosed trailer and I really wanted to have the ramp door, but I have heard that for some reason the ramp doors on enclosed trailers never really shut off properly, in the long run, water will get in by the ramp door, compared to barn door, that never had that problem.

Anyone had any problems with ramp doors or anything related to water getting in by the doors?

mowerbrad
01-26-2010, 05:00 PM
I've never heard of that being a problem but I would stay with a ramp door for landscaping. If the water is an issue, just put some thicker gaskets around the door so it seals better.

JFGauvreau
01-26-2010, 05:35 PM
ok thx, and how thick or those ramp doors anyways?

Petr51488
01-26-2010, 06:00 PM
I've also never heard of that. You will regret getting barn doors. You'll need an extra set of ramps that will only take up valuable space in the trailer. I bought mine in 05 and have yet to have a problem. I do however get water in through my side door. I'm sure its the gaskets, but i never got a chance to fixing that.

yardguy28
01-26-2010, 07:09 PM
if your doing lawn maintenance i would definitly go with ramp door. getting mowers in and out can't get any easier.

like others have already stated i have never heard of them not sealing properly, letting in water. the one i have seals great. the only time i have ever noticed any water getting in is when i pressure wash it at the carwash. there hasn't been a rain yet that has made into the trailer except from whatever would be on the equipment Thumbs Up

MikeKle
01-26-2010, 07:09 PM
If it becomes a problem, just put a rubber gasket around the ramp door. That would be a pain to have barn doors and mowers to load and unload.

DoetschOutdoor
01-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Enclosed trailers have gaskets on the door and pieces on the trailer that will prohibit water from getting in. Mine is bent and still does not allow water in, even when covered in snow on the rare occasion. You will regret getting barn doors. Its ghetto and completely unnecessary for mowing trailers to have barn doors.

JFGauvreau
01-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Cool thx, I guess the person who told me that didn't know what he was talking about lol.

Do you guys normal put a 2nd plank of wood in your trailer? (to protect the real floor from gas spills and such)

chevytrucks84
01-26-2010, 08:55 PM
i covered my floor with rhino lining works great! just make sure to do 2 coats like it says. The second coat is what makes it. Also make sure to wear rubber gloves....learned that the hard way!

JFGauvreau
01-26-2010, 09:07 PM
thats like some kind of paint huh? alright thx

AdamChrap
01-26-2010, 09:35 PM
One of the first trailers we ever had was a cargo with Barn doors. We got it cheap. Big mistake.

chevytrucks84
01-26-2010, 10:09 PM
thats like some kind of paint huh? alright thx

sorry i didnt mean rhino lining i meant herculiner the do it yourself bed liner it works on wood

Petr51488
01-26-2010, 10:42 PM
Mine is a sheet of diamond plate. I don't work in the rain, so i never have a problem.

justanotherlawnguy
01-27-2010, 01:52 AM
You will get more water in the trailer through the roof vent than the ramp or side door.
Posted via Mobile Device