PDA

View Full Version : Best book on Turf Grass

ecoguy
01-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Let the debate begin.

RigglePLC
01-26-2010, 10:20 PM
James Beard, Turfgrass Science and culture.

rob7233
01-27-2010, 11:02 AM
What books are best and applicable depends on what the prevalent turfs types are for YOUR area are. Best books? - go ahead and PM me and I'll let you know. Short on time now.

Smallaxe
01-27-2010, 06:16 PM
The best book is written, is by you.

What works in your POV, and Why - matters... Botany has 'basic concpts - you - have the details... The Ivy League -- dominates, because, you have nothing to offer... I beg to differ... What you make happen - is writing the History - of 'Organic Lawn Care' of the 21st Century... Go ahead -- Step outside, the 'Box'.

ecoguy
01-27-2010, 06:32 PM
haha, that first sentence was poetic Smallaxe. I totally agree with you actually. Inspiring words. My challenge is just continuing to learn the fundamentals so I'm able to create anew. I'm taking a course on Saturday on Organic Turf Management, so that should help. As you've probably guessed, I'm quite new to the biz and have basically spent the last 6 months reading, networking, researching and talking with sharp people like yourself. I'm way farther along then I was when I started with a long way to go. Thanks for all your help. I look forward to more conversations.

Smallaxe
01-27-2010, 07:18 PM
Ecoguy,

Disarming me, with flattery - is unfair... So let me say that "Organic Turf Management" classes could be a bunch of 'huweeey'.

Hope , I'm wrong... let us know if something makes sense, in the real world... :)

ecoguy
01-27-2010, 10:21 PM
Smallaxe. Disarm you? I didn't know I was a target. Either way, I'm glad. Yeah, I'm really excited about the class. I'll let you know what I learn and how it translates to every day lawn.

froglawn
02-11-2010, 01:14 PM
Purdue Extension...not a book but EXCELLENT resource