PDA

View Full Version : Junk in carb?

KirbysLawn
05-30-2002, 11:06 PM
After 30 hours I started noticing the engine running different, I took it to the shop last week and was told the carb was full of dirt. The filter was not bad but I had everything changed, new plug, new filters, and a cleaned carb. I have heard that there is an optional/upgrade filter by Donaldson filters. Is this an upgrade if so how much?

Artman
05-31-2002, 09:32 AM
A remote air filter kit is available. Call 1-800-395-4757 and ask for customer service to get the right part number for your unit and to find out the price.

P&J Lawncare
05-31-2002, 06:02 PM
Kirby's
The part number for the super z is 368894k

It definately is a upgrade from the original setup, when I got my super z it ran strong until about 35 hours and it started to run weaker so I took it to the shop and they cleaned the carb and told me that my air filter was packed with debri (I never anticipated that the filter would pack up so fast). I ordered my donaldson air filter when I bought the mower so about a week after the problems my system arrived and it has been running really strong since the upgrade and I have only cleaned the filter once (200 hours). The only downfall with this upgrade is it takes some alterations to install (cut out hole in spoiler and replace the jets in the carb) it took me less than 2 hours to install and it was definately worth it. There was a thread about this recently in this forum and mower consultant quoted the price for this upgrade so if you search you will find the price, I think it was right around $200

P&J Lawncare
05-31-2002, 06:08 PM
O.K. I did the search for you and the price is $149.00 plus install. The thread was in the commercial forum under donaldson air filter for my super z

KirbysLawn
06-02-2002, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the info.

I must ask why this is an upgrade? My filter had hardly any dirt on it at all and the carb was "full of junk", where's the problem? I know I can't afford $100+ dollars and down time every month or two to have it cleaned. :(

wojo23323
06-23-2002, 09:53 PM
aftr reading this post i cleaned out my air filter today on my super z. i have only put 15 hours on it and i could not believe the amount of dirt that came out it. after tapping the air filter on the ground i had a layer of dirt on the floor about 1 square foot in area. i am strongly thinking of getting the upgraded air filter installed.

KirbysLawn
06-24-2002, 12:07 AM
Mine is on order, I will advise.