PDA

View Full Version : Great Dane Surfer that needs new rear seals

capekev
01-27-2010, 11:23 PM
Hi guys,
How much do you think it will cost??? Do you think Id be better off rebuilding the engine? I was thinking about pulling it out and swapping it with a new 23hp for more power but don't know if that's even possible?? Where can I find the best prices??? I think it's about time for me to take a class on small engines at the local tech school and fix my own stuff.
Thanks for any input I appreciate it...

nepatsfan
02-21-2010, 06:11 PM
Drop it off at Larry's and quit crying.:hammerhead:

Landscraper1
02-22-2010, 09:23 PM
J.Thomas Distributers. Google them and ask for a catalog. Great prices on everything to do with commercial equipment.:cool2:

yankeerose
02-22-2010, 09:56 PM
I also have a suffer that has a 15hp kaw. I replaced it cheaper than a rebuild it has 700 hrs on it and the gov. went out. It was going to cost me around 800.00 with a 3 mo. war. so i found a brand new 17 hp for just alittle over 1,000 .00 with a year war. The place is called small Engine Warehouse .com if this helps. look at this way can you replace your machine for the cost of an engine buget your cost over 12 mo. Good luck

gtmorgan89
02-22-2010, 10:04 PM
Sell it, and buy another mower.

nepatsfan
02-22-2010, 10:06 PM
J.Thomas Distributers. Google them and ask for a catalog. Great prices on everything to do with commercial equipment.:cool2:

How are they about shipping. Fairly fast, correct parts etc.

Landscraper1
02-22-2010, 10:40 PM
Very quick at shipping and reasonable. They have probably the best catalog for us landscapers. Engine prices are good but, I can sometimes find great deals on Ebay for that. Been dealing with them for many years.

nepatsfan
02-22-2010, 11:25 PM
I used to go to landscape supply warehouse in peabody. Kind of a drive but they usually had everything. I used to go up there a couple times a year and stock up on maintence stuff/tires etc. They went out of business but still had a website but it seems they are carrying less and less. I just go to my local dealer for everything now. So expensive though but they have a huge parts inventory. Most common things are readily availible and other stuff is usually the next day.

Landscraper1
02-23-2010, 10:32 AM
I used to go to landscape supply warehouse in peabody. Kind of a drive but they usually had everything. I used to go up there a couple times a year and stock up on maintence stuff/tires etc. They went out of business but still had a website but it seems they are carrying less and less. I just go to my local dealer for everything now. So expensive though but they have a huge parts inventory. Most common things are readily availible and other stuff is usually the next day.

Check out J. Thomas. You'll save alot of $. I stock up every winter with one big order. Tires,blades,belt,filters,Trimmer string,etc. When I order over a $1000, I get a 10% discount,Free delivery on that order,8% off for the rest of the year. Great deal. They also have flat rates for shipping.:weightlifter: