PDA

View Full Version : New enclosed trailer questions

jaybow
01-28-2010, 02:45 PM
Hey guys I am considering purchasing a new enclosed trailer. I want to be able to fit 2 60" exmark lazer Zs and a 36" walk behind in it. Im not really sure what to purchase so I thought I would ask for some opinions from people with experience. Should I be thinking of a 16' 18' or a 20' trailer. I guess I could always do the bigger properties at different times and drop one of the bigger mowers off and pickup the 36" when I go out to do the smaller ones. Give me your opinions and how you guys with bigger companies work things. Thanks!

jhsmith4
01-28-2010, 02:54 PM
I have a 8x18 with a side ramp, 6" extra ceiling height. I have a 60" Hustler & a 48" Trimstar. I like to have alittle room to move around, so, with your equipment list go no lower than an 18'. 20' will be better for your situation!

Turf Dawg
01-28-2010, 03:07 PM
I will say get a 24'. I really wish I had listened to the salesperson when I bought my 20'. They told me for just a few hundred more I could get a 24' and they pull almost identical to the 20'. Now that I have a Walker the extra 4' would be great. In a 20' you could get your two z's and the walkbehind, but just like they told me the extra 4' would be nice.
Just my opinion.

mowerbrad
01-28-2010, 03:26 PM
Any trailer fills up fast, especially an enclosed trailer. Each of those Lazer Z's are about 6.5' long and then you have the 36" that you can turn sideways. So you could maybe squeeze those mower into a 16' trailer, but that would be if they were all front to back and no room between them. I would highly recommend getting an 8.5x20 trailer. You will want space to walk on the sides, and you will want any extra space you can get.

Scagmower48
01-28-2010, 09:00 PM
Any trailer fills up fast, especially an enclosed trailer. Each of those Lazer Z's are about 6.5' long and then you have the 36" that you can turn sideways. So you could maybe squeeze those mower into a 16' trailer, but that would be if they were all front to back and no room between them. I would highly recommend getting an 8.5x20 trailer. You will want space to walk on the sides, and you will want any extra space you can get.

If the original poster is going to put a bagging system on in the fall then he has to add room for that. An Exmark's bagger hangs off the mower alot and and makes the mower very long.

ygim
01-28-2010, 09:16 PM
i would go with a 24ft trailer you will be happy

TreffertLawnWrx
01-29-2010, 10:50 PM
24" for sure, 2 lazers with vacs are tight, thats what i went with.

nobagger
01-29-2010, 11:11 PM
Hey guys I am considering purchasing a new enclosed trailer. I want to be able to fit 2 60" exmark lazer Zs and a 36" walk behind in it. Im not really sure what to purchase so I thought I would ask for some opinions from people with experience. Should I be thinking of a 16' 18' or a 20' trailer. I guess I could always do the bigger properties at different times and drop one of the bigger mowers off and pickup the 36" when I go out to do the smaller ones. Give me your opinions and how you guys with bigger companies work things. Thanks!

Our 24ft (with a 3ft V) fits a 36",a 48" w/b and a 52" rider with bag unit on it and we still have about 4ft left. My advise get a 8.5ft wide trailer for the width, you'll need it for the 60" riders. If you have bag units on the riders you'll need at least a 24ft.

TXNSLighting
01-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Thats such a long trailer!! Do you have the curb space for a 24'?? Id say 20x8...Im nervouse about getting a 18ft for around here. And were a small town, with decent size lots!

ruffcutter24
01-30-2010, 02:06 PM
I agree with Ryan. a 24' is hard to maneuver at homeowners associations or even commercial accounts. Also, if you decide to expand, can you trust you $15 an hour driver to handle that size. Also i would look at resale value for a trailer that size. We own nine trailers. None of them are bigger than 18'.