PDA

View Full Version : This site is amazing!

Mr. Kevo
01-29-2010, 01:36 AM
Background:

Im 21, my dad is a building contractor (owner) and i've been around the construction scene and heavy equipment since I was born practically. For exaple my dad would bring me to work when I was a todler and have me sit down and I would watch the heavy equipment for hours literally. (great babysitting tool) lol. I've always wanted to start my own "Tractor Services" business but never realized how I could actually could make it happen until I came across this site. In highschool I found myself yet again around heavy equipment by taking classes on diesel mechanics and I loved every bit of it. The main thing I learned is that I don't want to turn wrenches the rest of my life and that I consider myself more of an "operator than mechanic" lol.

Now im a full time LEO and have been for 3yrs. Doing this work leaves me real bored in that I only work 14 days a month. Thus, leading me to talk myself into creating my own tractor services business to keep me busy the other half the month when im not working and if I do it right I will make some money :hammerhead: haha.

I want to get into this feild and be 110% legit. I know from my dad all about the insurance, LLC and all that BS. I want to be a "solo" business and take pride in my work. Im great at managing money and the only problem I forsee in the future is finding enough business around here to stay afloat. I have been pricing (all used) tractors, attachments, a trailor, inurance (not used lol) and believe I can start my business for just under or around 10K.

I've been lurking on here for a while and i've learned alot. Thanks, this was a weird post but it fels good to offically belong to this site :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Premier landscaping south
01-29-2010, 02:01 AM
Sounds like you have a lot of energy. Take advantage of the wisdom from your pappy.

Good luck my friend and welcome to Lawnsite.

May the force be with you.

BearWise Landscapers
01-29-2010, 06:27 PM
I want to get into this feild and be 110% legit. I know from my dad all about the insurance, LLC and all that BS. I want to be a "solo" business and take pride in my work. Im great at managing money and the only problem I forsee in the future is finding enough business around here to stay afloat. I have been pricing (all used) tractors, attachments, a trailor, inurance (not used lol) and believe I can start my business for just under or around 10K.

Kevin,

Welcome to the website. Let me know if I can help with the insurance or in any other way.

Good luck with your new venture!

JFGauvreau
01-29-2010, 10:58 PM
I hope for you you will fine business, just keep doing good work and continue listening to your dad. Every bit of info will help you.

Good luck and welcome again.

DLAWNS
01-31-2010, 12:11 PM
Welcome to Lawnsite!

g21
02-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Good luck. Lakeland is a great market!

Mr. Kevo
02-17-2010, 12:27 AM
Thanks Tommy did you grow up here?