PDA

View Full Version : Man hours to install 1000 dwarf mondo plants

khutch
01-29-2010, 11:25 AM
Having never done it, any estimates of man hours to install 1000 dwarf mondo plants (for a 2000 sf area, no real prep needed)

echeandia
01-30-2010, 11:57 PM
Are they in gallon or quart pots? What is the soil like where you are planting them?

Think Green
02-01-2010, 05:25 PM
KHutch,
At 2 plants per square foot, the time allotted all depends on the tilth of the soil and how many men doing it. I am sure they are in small clumps or something like the 3 inch liners!
We grow mondo grass in the clumps, dig them up and divide them into smaller individual plants. We charge accordingly to local nursery prices.
4 man hours is usually all we would need. Working back to front or left to right..!!
This would be after the soil was able to direct plant. Tilling is done before application. One hour minimum!! and screening. Total hours=5, Delivery fee.
Is mulching desired afterwards??

OrganicsMaine
02-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Assuming 1 gal. containers, somewhat loose soil, I would say that 1.5 per minute per man. Allowing for BS time while working etc. I would put 4 men on the project and it would be done in 6 hours. If you bid it at 25 mhrs, you would be good with my guys. If it is you and a few guys, you may get it done quicker. I would allow an hour to lay out the plants....I usually go through and lay them out quickly and then let my guys have at it.:weightlifter:

froglawn
02-11-2010, 02:12 PM
1,000!!!!! O.o GEEPERS!!