PDA

View Full Version : DUMP TRAILERS

kountryscape
03-17-2000, 03:28 PM
I WAS JUST POSTING IN THE MINI-SKID LOADER SECTION AND THOUGHT SOME ONE MIGHT NOT READ THAT SO . WHAT IS THE BEST DUMP TRAILER, EZ-DUMPER, FOSTER $$$$, OR YOUR LOCAL WELDING SHOP. DOES ANYONE HAVE A DUMP TRAILER WITH TOOL BOX SIDES LIKE A UTILITY TRUCK. I SAW SOME OF THOUGHS BUT DON'T YOU THINK THE SIDES WOULD BE BANGED UP BUY LOADING WITH A SKID LOADER. DOES ANYONE USE ONE FOR HAULING EQUIPMENT TO THE JOB? I KNOW SO MANY QUESTIONS SO LITTLE TIME. JARRETT

MCGRAIL LAWN
08-03-2003, 12:26 AM
Just Bringing This Back To The Top For Some Input

GLAN
08-03-2003, 09:46 AM
Sorry, don't have one. Have seen a couple. Look interesting.

BTW
No need for CAPS LOCK. Thanks :)

Lombardi
08-03-2003, 02:06 PM
Glan, a serious question that you may take offense to. Why do you continually post responses that contain absolutely no helpful information and contributes nothing to the original question asked? If you read the 2nd post completely, McGrail is soliciting some answers from a thread 3 years ago. He is probably interested in hearing some logical and useful answers since he is interested in these trailers.
McGrail, I am also interested in these trailers and am considering buying one. I have rented an EZ-Dump and loved it. They are very useful for clean-up jobs. I would like to be able to use it to haul equipment also, which would allow me to get rid of my flatbed w/rails that I currently use. I have seen some with drop gates. The biggest disadvantage I saw with these is that the sides are too high to scoop/unload material off of if you can pull up along side the area it is going to.

GLAN
08-03-2003, 03:15 PM
Not offended............;)

Qualey
08-03-2003, 05:49 PM
I have 2, one made locally, one Mid Atlantic. The local one was a much better trailer (better hoist, axles and dump latch). the Mid Atlantic is nice, but I bought it used and it isn't ideal for what we do. It will dump 12k, is 14' long and 7.5' wide. Has a skid steer gate that swings from the top and bottom and is currently for sale. Do not but a Bri-Mar!! You will kill it in commercial use.

Matt

cat320
08-03-2003, 08:02 PM
I have a cam superliner 6x12 5 ton with the bobcat option and barn doors in rear .So far i'm happy with it.I have had mulch ,dirt and demo in it dumps good and drives great.:)

Mark Koenig
08-03-2003, 08:16 PM
I thought about dump trailers awhile ago, and decided against them primarily because access to jobsites was difficult with them...I could have overcome that though...but in the end I decided it was better for us to have dump beds installed on the trucks. If I remember right, pricing was about 3.5K for a decent size dump trailer and about 3.5K for a pto dump bed. I think dump trailers would be fantastic for residential brush clearing jobs and certain situations though, adds flexibility to a one or two truck operation...

MCGRAIL LAWN
08-03-2003, 09:46 PM
What Do Some Of These Trailer Cost

cat320
08-03-2003, 10:02 PM
for the most par they run around $5K if you go with a foster or towmaster your talking closer to $10K

MCGRAIL LAWN
08-04-2003, 12:25 PM
Thanx

Lombardi
08-05-2003, 01:12 PM
I just looked at some yesterday. L&L makes an 80" x 14', 14,000 lbs, dual axle, $6295.

DerikL
08-05-2003, 04:45 PM
We have a 12', 10,000lb dump trailer made by premier, I believe. It is the most useful piece of equipment we have. We tow it behind a new GMC 4500. We bought it mainly to haul logs off of job sites but use it for everything now. It is nice because you can drive a loaded wheelbarrow right up the ramp and empty it. It is like having another dump truck around all the time.