PDA

View Full Version : New ZTR Lawn Mower

MarkTodd2233
01-31-2010, 07:23 AM
Hello, I am getting ready to do lawn maintence as an ad on to my exterminating business, I am shooting for to do about 15 to 20 yards a week, what is your advice on a Snapper S50 36 in cut ZTR lawn mower,,,, comments please

integrityman
01-31-2010, 09:33 AM
I would not get a 36" ZTR, I would look at a 36" Walk Behind. If you want a ZTR, I would start with a 46-48" size deck.

ProcsLC
01-31-2010, 09:54 AM
I believe the snapper S50 is a residential machine and even though you are not running a full time business this year you may run into some serious problems using residential equipment... Also, I think i would reccomend getting a few lawns first and seeing if you can justify the purchase of a zero turn mower... The Snapper residential machines are nice, (we have one at my fathers) and he is more inclined to tear up turf on that then with my heavy commercial ferris and snappers...

I guess what i am saying is start with a commercial grade walk behind 32" or 36"... See what type of lawns you get and then upgrade to a ztr if your business dictates it.,.. Not knowing what type of lawn accounts you are going to get this first year, start with a WB mower, you can always sell it or keep it as a back up mower...

MarkTodd2233
01-31-2010, 10:17 AM
I have talked with the dealer & even looked it up, its the smallest commercial ZTR that snappers offers, my Budget is $6500.00 for all the equipment, I already have the trailer, I have around 700 customers on the Termite & Pest Control side, I just started telling people 3 days ago that I was going to do lawn care, already have $375.00 weekly lined up. I also looked at the cub cadet, but have read bad things about them, looked at the gravely yesterday & liked it, but they are proud of them.

Mark

integrityman
01-31-2010, 10:57 AM
Not trying to hijack your thread- I would have sent you a PM but you dont have enough posts...

I have a 46" Exmark with 19 hp engine, stripe kit, electrically powered operator controlled discharge chute, mulch kit, (does an awesome job). Its quick,nimble and light weight. Has 292 hours. Asking $4650.

I would discourage a 36" Z. IMO I think that is just too small. A 36" Walk Behind has a lot of utility though. Don't get your heart set on one single machine Shop around, including the used market.

Snappers, by and large are not really considered by the commercial operators as a day in day out high demand machine. I looked up the specs on the S50. Aluminum spindles, 8mph ground speed, 8 gallon fuel tank.-Definitely on the low end for a commercial unit.

MarkTodd2233
01-31-2010, 11:10 AM
I see what you mean, cant do used, have to finance, going for 12 months same as cash, that was in the back of my head about the snapper, really dont know that much about other mowers, and where I live the next closest dealer which is cub cadet is 10 miles away, the others are over 25 miles,, was thinking about time & service