PDA

View Full Version : Quality Cut/Blades

MGunns
06-01-2002, 06:56 PM
Purchased a 52" Great Dane Surfer this spring and have really enjoyed the time I've saved. This thing is built like a tank. The problem is that I'm getting all kinds of stragglers, for the lack of a better name. Tall shoots that just don't seem to cut unless I'm mowing slower than my old snapper mower. Did a search and its seems maybe I should go to solid foil blades but haven't been able to locate any for my mower. Looking for any other suggestions which will eliminate double cutting. Oh yea, blades are sharpened once a month and I only cut an acre & half once a week, thats about 6 hours. Thx!!!

HOWARD JONES
06-03-2002, 06:33 PM
Maybe not much help, but no other responses so far - I did some surfing and only found standard and mulching blades for the Great Dane. The mulching blades would probably not be better for eliminating stringers, but could be worth a try. I had a similar problem when I sharpened my blades with a radius on the end - be sure to grind off enough material to make a complete square end; did you have the problem when the blades were new?

MGunns
06-04-2002, 08:41 AM
Thx for the reply Howard. Didn't have that problem when new. Will have blades sharpened again as you described. Might need new ones but it will be worth it. Again, Thx!!!