PDA

View Full Version : new used skid steer New Holland LX665

swim
01-31-2010, 10:16 AM
I just bought a New Holland LX665. :drinkup:It is a older skid steer, but I am just starting to expand my business in this direction. My questions are mostly the usual for just starting out in this line of work, but I do have a few specific questions about my skid steer. I ordered a user manual from eBay that I should get in a few days, but in the mean time, what type of hydraulic oil does it use?

:confused:It came with a backhoe, Bradco 609, I know how to flip the right joy stick so it runs power to the auxiliary hydraulics instead of the boom and bucket pedals, but how do I use other attachments that require both movement of the boom and power to the auxiliary hydraulics at the same time, like a Harley rake or trencher and others?:confused:

What attachments are everyones most profitable and or do you use the most?

Also what tires work best for everyone? It will need some soon. Does anyone use the tracks over tires? How do you like them and what type do you use?

Just like a newbe :laugh:, its great, all questions and no answers. :dizzy: I am very excited and it gives the (same old same old) some stirring up that gets the blood pumping again. :weightlifter:Hopefully it will be a profitable venture as well.

Any other pointers and advice would be greatly appreciated for the new guy.

Thanks

ssprtman12
01-31-2010, 11:30 AM
running the auxilary hydraulics with the boom and bucket is the same as u described. Just pull the right stick towards your lap, and have at it, there should also be a lock on it to keep it in that position so u dont have to hold it.

Attachment wise depends on what u mainly plan on doing. Bucket/s, forks, harley rake, etc.

MackCat
01-31-2010, 12:26 PM
I just bought a New Holland LX665. :drinkup:It is a older skid steer, but I am just starting to expand my business in this direction. My questions are mostly the usual for just starting out in this line of work, but I do have a few specific questions about my skid steer. I ordered a user manual from eBay that I should get in a few days, but in the mean time, what type of hydraulic oil does it use?

:confused:It came with a backhoe, Bradco 609, I know how to flip the right joy stick so it runs power to the auxiliary hydraulics instead of the boom and bucket pedals, but how do I use other attachments that require both movement of the boom and power to the auxiliary hydraulics at the same time, like a Harley rake or trencher and others?:confused:

Also what tires work best for everyone? It will need some soon. Does anyone use the tracks over tires? How do you like them and what type do you use?

Just like a newbe :laugh:, its great, all questions and no answers. :dizzy: I am very excited and it gives the (same old same old) some stirring up that gets the blood pumping again. :weightlifter:Hopefully it will be a profitable venture as well.

Thanks
it uses new holland 134 hydraulic oil or any 10w30 hydraulic oil

swim
01-31-2010, 02:28 PM
it uses new holland 134 hydraulic oil or any 10w30 hydraulic oil

I am not sure what it has in it now, does it matter if I mix them?
thanks

MackCat
01-31-2010, 05:45 PM
I am not sure what it has in it now, does it matter if I mix them?
thanks
it`s ok to mix brands but i would not mix weights if you are not sure what weight of oil is in it, i would change the oil to prevent mixing the wrong weights of oil

nobagger
01-31-2010, 06:06 PM

Thanks

LOL, we just bought a 96 LX665 2 weeks ago. As far as fluid...it pretty much uses 10w30 oil for everything. The closest fluid I have found that meets all the requirements is Penzoil LongLife 10w30 but I cant find it anywhere, plus a 2.5 gallon container of the NewHolland stuff was only around 30 bucks so why take a chance. How many hours does your skid have and how much did you pay for it?

swim
01-31-2010, 09:56 PM
LOL, we just bought a 96 LX665 2 weeks ago. As far as fluid...it pretty much uses 10w30 oil for everything. The closest fluid I have found that meets all the requirements is Penzoil LongLife 10w30 but I cant find it anywhere, plus a 2.5 gallon container of the NewHolland stuff was only around 30 bucks so why take a chance. How many hours does your skid have and how much did you pay for it?

Mine is a 1997 with 4200 hours.

I paid $9000 for it.

How about you? Hours, price, and any extras?

How do you like it so far?

Is it your first skid steer?

What have you been using it for so far?

Any pictures? I will try to get some of mine in the next few days.

swim
02-01-2010, 08:39 PM
running the auxilary hydraulics with the boom and bucket is the same as u described. Just pull the right stick towards your lap, and have at it, there should also be a lock on it to keep it in that position so u dont have to hold it.

Attachment wise depends on what u mainly plan on doing. Bucket/s, forks, harley rake, etc.

ok so I can run the boom with the auxiliary but when I try to move bucket with them on it will not move. Is there maybe something not working properly or just my inexperience?

ssprtman12
02-02-2010, 03:10 PM
what attachment do u have on. . .the backhoe, or just the bucket? from my experience, it should all be able to move . . thats the point of them being aux hydros, so im not sure.

nobagger
02-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Mine is a 1997 with 4200 hours.

I paid $9000 for it.

How about you? Hours, price, and any extras?

How do you like it so far?

Is it your first skid steer?

What have you been using it for so far?

Any pictures? I will try to get some of mine in the next few days.

Ours is a 96 with 1836hrs on it (a couple weeks ago)
We paid $9500.00 for it, no extras as of yet. We pretty much bought it for snow removal.
So far I love it, if we would ever get a chance to use it! (no snow)
Yeah working on pics now,lol.
And yes first owned skid steer.

swim
02-04-2010, 08:35 PM
I went to the New Holland dealer today and picked up some new glow plugs, oil filter, and oil.
Asked about the hydraulic oil and the parts guy said that New Holland uses the same motor oil in the hydraulics as in the motor and they have since 1995.
I am sure they are correct, but seems weird to me.
Can anyone with a New Holland skid steer verify if this is correct or not.
thanks swim

MackCat
02-04-2010, 09:43 PM
I went to the New Holland dealer today and picked up some new glow plugs, oil filter, and oil.
Asked about the hydraulic oil and the parts guy said that New Holland uses the same motor oil in the hydraulics as in the motor and they have since 1995.
I am sure they are correct, but seems weird to me.
Can anyone with a New Holland skid steer verify if this is correct or not.
thanks swim
yes it is true, they use 10w30 as factory fill in the engine and hydraulics. I changed my engine oil to15w40 that was on my older LX865, I sold it and bought a new L180 and just changed the engine oil for the first time and i changed it to15w40 also.

igilmore
03-20-2010, 06:59 PM
Hi guys, I just bought a 97 LX665 a couple days ago with 3000 hours and good tires for $5250. It came with a forklift attachment but no bucket. I'm changing all the fluids to be on the safe side since I don't know when it was last done but I don't know a good way to change the hyd fluid since there's no drain like there is for the motor. Is there a good way to do it? I don't have a manual at all so if anyone has one I'd love to get a computer copy sent to me if possible. I'll be glad to send you a payment for one via paypal. Thanks!

Ian

swim
03-20-2010, 09:45 PM
It is my understanding that the best way to change the hydro fluid is to suction it back out through the fill tube. You will not be able to change the fluid in the lines and pumps but it will get most of it out.

davidhoy.pt
05-11-2010, 11:37 AM
It is posted in the operator's manual, there is a fitting that you disconnect in the belly pan and it will drain out through one of the floor covers that removes.